Door leak

leebottrill

I noticed this morning that my door seems to be letting water in! when i open the door there is a pool of water sitting on the plastic strip where the chrome zed badge is. I will pop a photo up in a bit and show you where i mean! I'm guessing just having the seals redone world solve the problem? Anyone else has this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Update, well i've had the mechanic look and the door. and seal anything up that needed (including my loose mirror) and this morning the pool of water has arrived back. Can anyone help? Only thing i can think is new seals?? Anyone else had this problem?

Edited by leebottrill

Is your window going all the way up when you shut the door? Mine has a small gap of about 1mm, which lets a bit damp in, if I put my hands on the glass it pushes up and seals properly. It's after the window drop happens, so it doesn't quite go all the way back up.

I'm not sure how much the OEM door seals cost but would it be worth getting one or a pair from a breakers off a low mileage Zed. Treat them with Gummi Pflege, that should keep them in good condition and prevent them from going hard or cracking.

Yea good idea. They look fine though! Very frustrating! My carpet isn't actually wet so I'm not going to panic. Does the zed carpet have a plastic lining? I'm wonxring if the water would be going under the lining and I wouldn't feel the damp!