Throttle Body

Ceejay29

So I am considering sending both the plenum and throttle body off to be polished, although I am slightly concerned regarding the TB. I have read that it can be very delicate and temperamental, especially the butterfly valve. I am confident that the person carrying out the work is more than capable; it’s just the part in transit and the initial removal and re- installation.

I know that many of you have removed, cleaned, re-sprayed and even polished the TB. Did you have any issues? If so does the simple pedal dance and/or disconnection of the battery resolve any foreseeable issues?

Thanks

Ive just sprayed up my throttle body in white using plastikote hi temp spray paint.

masked it all off carefully and it came out ok. I'd also cleaned the inside since it was fairly coked up. Meant moving the butterfly valve a few times.

To my surprise though once i'd fitted it all back on the cars running fine.

Only reset procedures i did were:

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning and Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Taken her for a drive and its all good :-)

Good luck with polishing i've heard the same as you that it needs to be done carefully. Will be good to see how it turns out though. Think Paddy tried something similar