Here's a cool story for you all

mouthwash

So, over the weekend I went to the Nurburgring and had a brilliant time (first time in the 350). Here's a pick of it in action:

0b58dd89-3943-4a78-b489-942758c7e152_zpse02a41e6.jpg

It performed brilliantly in my opinion and everyone was commenting on how well it sounded going around the track (got a Cobra cat back).

Anyway, on the way back sitting in my queue at the ferry port a 350GT pulls up next to me and gives me a little nod, I nod back. I eventually get out my car and start having a little natter with the guy, he explains to me the mods he's got on his car and the fact it's JDM.

Now here is the cool part ladies and gents. If you want 400BHP and be able to brag about it to other people with the same engine as you, do this:

Buy JDM as it's more powerful to begin with

Buy a Power Commander

Fit said Power Commander

Buy Jap Speed Exhaust

Fit Jap Speed Exhaust

Enjoy your 400bhp 350GT

2645.jpg

At that point I just said 'okkaay' then went to talk with my friends.

Anyway, my cool story over and done with.. Anyone got any of their own embarrassing moments to share?

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

So, over the weekend I went to the Nurburgring and had a brilliant time (first time in the 350). Here's a pick of it in action:

It performed brilliantly in my opinion and everyone was commenting on how well it sounded going around the track (got a Cobra cat back).

Anyway, on the way back sitting in my queue at the ferry port a 350GT pulls up next to me and gives me a little nod, I nod back. I eventually get out my car and start having a little natter with the guy, he explains to me the mods he's got on his car and the fact it's JDM.

Now here is the cool part ladies and gents. If you want 400BHP and be able to brag about it to other people with the same engine as you, do this:

Buy JDM as it's more powerful to begin with

Buy a Power Commander

Fit said Power Commander

Buy Jap Speed Exhaust

Fit Jap Speed Exhaust

Enjoy your 400bhp 350GT

2645.jpg

At that point I just said 'okkaay' then went to talk with my friends.

Anyway, my cool story over and done with.. Anyone got any of their own embarrassing moments to share?

He must of turned up the boost on his flux capacitor! :-)

• Like 2

Give us more info on you're Nur trip, something I've been contemplating myself..

Sure, ask any questions you want and I'll try to help.

We went from Dover to Dunkirk (Dunkerke, Dunquerke??? about 3 ways of spelling it), slightly longer ferry trip but shorter drive across France. If you want to get there at a reasonable time in the evening I suggest you get the ferry at about 8 in the morning. We arrived at our Hotel (Eddies place, hotel an der nordschliefe)at about 5PM, depending on which way you go you can stop at Spa for a look at the track etc.

We always try to go when it's only evening sessions, it saves most of the nutters from turning up. Make sure you check the nurburgring website for opening times but my recommendation is evening sessions. The only thing to consider with evening sessions is if someone has an accident then you may not make it onto the track as it's only open for about 2 hours.

For food I can only recommend Pinocchios, about a 20/30 minute walk from the hotel above (down hill!). They give you so much food there it's a total joke, no one at our table can ever finish a meal. If you're friendly with them you might get a free taxi back :)

Even if you don't want to go on the track there is plenty to do there from going up to the GP circuit, to heading to the corner where everyone crashes on youtube and watching some action unfold (never can remember the name).

Plan your petrol stops if you can, remember that in most service stations along the way you have to go in and pay for your fuel first (no idea why). I managed to make it from Dover to Adenau on one tank of fuel and this included going on the autobahn.

As said, anything else you want to know just ask.. I'm sure there are a few people who have been more times than myself that can offer an opinion also.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

Hahaha that's funny, what's the point in that!

I will be going to the Nurburgring on 1st of May, can't wait! Also I have a JDM and a Japspeed exhaust, must be close to 400bhp too haha...

You're just a Power Commander away from realising your dream.

Nice one! :) Did you record your time? Always wanted to go on the Nurburgring, but scared I'd write my car off!

I didn't record my time no, but I never go mental at the 'ring. I just enjoy the relatively low speed corners and back off at the higher speed ones, if you leave the TC on there isn't much chance of you binning it on the low speeds. I don't think I took it over 100mph over the entire track, as Ekona said the TF days are pretty risky. In the details of my trip I say about doing the evening sessions, there really aren't many cars about on those days. The complete nutters usually go for full days.

Edit: I always make sure I go a little slower on the youtube corner where everyone bins it, I don't want my youtube fame to be that.

Give us more info on you're Nur trip, something I've been contemplating myself..

We went from Dover to Dunkirk (Dunkerke, Dunquerke??? about 3 ways of spelling it),

Even if you don't want to go on the track there is plenty to do there from going up to the GP circuit, to heading to the corner where everyone crashes on youtube and watching some action unfold (never can remember the name).

Plan your petrol stops if you can, remember that in most service stations along the way you have to go in and pay for your fuel first (no idea why).

Good attempts on the french spelling for Dunkirk, for future reference, it's: Dunkerque :)

As for things to do around the track, as you said GP circuit, and always fun to go to "that" corner! Also you have Koln and Luxembourg a mere hour drive away.

As for paying in petrol stations before you buy, it's to stop people stealing fuel as it probably usually occurs in that area. :thumbs:

We went from Dover to Dunkirk (Dunkerke, Dunquerke??? about 3 ways of spelling it),

Plan your petrol stops if you can, remember that in most service stations along the way you have to go in and pay for your fuel first (no idea why).

Good attempts on the french spelling for Dunkirk, for future reference, it's: Dunkerque :)

As for things to do around the track, as you said GP circuit, and always fun to go to "that" corner! Also you have Koln and Luxembourg a mere hour drive away.

As for paying in petrol stations before you buy, it's to stop people stealing fuel as it probably usually occurs in that area. :thumbs:

Ah yeah, that's it.. I got all the letters just in the wrong order. :lol:

It's just a little annoying as on a previous trip I needed to stop and get some fuel and I never know how much to buy.. I guess I could get my calculator out but what a complete faff. Luckily this time I made it all the way thanks to the huge tank and in Adenau they don't have any such rule. :)

Any more watermarked photos from Ms. Ringpics? She sounds interesting... Maybe a video link??? :lol:

No one is cooler than the ' person' who talks down the bhp that the mods have given to his car.......even if they've actually given more.

The 'person' who talks it up needs a knob glassing.

Does that make me cool then, I often tell people that my pop charger loses me power but it just sounds good. B)

When we started to load onto the ferry he was sitting there revving his car. Maybe to impress the mother and child he had in the car?? Maybe it was for my benefit.

Been to the ring twice now, love the place, great atmosphere and some good food. Can't think of the name of the restaurant, but they serve Argentinian steak on a hot slab, bit expensive but bloody lovely. I'm no racing driver, but managed 10mins 20s, still slower than Sabine Schmit in a transit van, but hey, like I say I'm no racing driver. I'm sure I could lose 10 seconds very easily with a bit more experience and balls :lol:

• Like 1