Exhaust silencer differences??? oval/round/straight thru?

Desey

ok so i need to put another (big) silencer in my exhaust because i only have 1 now

imagine how loud that would be huh?

well its louder than that :yawn:

so im gonna put in another silencer in the mid section, but my question is, whats the difference between round and oval silencers, and do straight thru silencers make much sound difference

im guessing generally the longer the better :p

and i have maximum room for a 16inch long silencer, how much sound would that kill?

Edited by Desey

No difference in shapes with regard to noise or performance, it will just be the inside dimensions that differ so that alters the amount of wadding/packing to absorb the sound, more area means quieter and yes wants to be straight through. Often ovals are used just to fit into a space where perhaps height is limited but width not.

Would be impossible to tell you what size will give you the results you need. I would say start with the biggest as thats the most you will ever reduce the noise by, if its too quiet, try again, if its still too loud, well your going to have to change back box.

• Like 1