Web Designers S/W

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

Anyone know where I can get an evaluation ;) ;) copy of Dreameaver or FrontPage at a pinch from. Perhaps you can suggest an alternative, I'm looking for something with a graphical interface (so that I can effect changes to exisiting htm pages) not a code editor (too much typing) ;)

You can get a trial version of Dreamweaver CS3 from the Adobe site, but I dunno what it's limitations are.

I'm sure that it's widely available on the P2P channels, but I rarely take the risk with software.

I normally just stick with notepad - although Firefox has some pretty cool add-on toys for web development, which is free, but will probably require some technical confidence in order to appreciate.

Well that was helpful wasn't it! (Sorry)

Guest prescience

Yeah I downloaded notepad++ via majorgeeks.com yesterday - but it's so clumsy having to deal with it all in the code window and checking via the preview - I want the prevew to be the editable window which I can modify via point and click and which updates the code window

Really suprised there are limited freeware GUIs for this.

Oh well, thanks guys :)