Front Bumper Choices?

Snowseph

Yo all,

For a while my plan has been to buy the Nismo V1 rep front bumper from RT Performance, but after seeing a few photos I'm swaying towards the 06+ front bumper as a more subtle choice. Does anyone know where they can be bought from (if anywhere?) other than someone breaking their Z of course. I've searched ebay and google shopping, etc but can't seem to find one anywhere.

Mine's a '54 plate, would there be any problems with fitment at all?

37008d1161539179-06-front-bumper-01.jpg

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by Snowseph

The mid section grille is different though, right? It has two thicker lines rather than the 3-4 lines that the 03-05 model has like mine, plus it has the small dip in the section underneath the grille? I just think it looks smarter. That lip is sweet, will probably get one after I have the bumper done. :thumbs:

Edited by Snowseph

The mid section grille is different though, right? It has two thicker lines rather than the 3-4 lines that the 03-05 model has like mine, plus it has the small dip in the section underneath the grille? I just think it looks smarter. That lip is sweet, will probably get one after I have the bumper done. :thumbs:

Lol, the lip I have won't fit if you change bumper as its a DE.

IMO, If it was me I wouldn't change the bumper to a facelift one as the differences are minimal, money would be better served just putting a lip on your DE bumper but thats just me, each to their own

:thumbs:

If you're making you decision based on the image you posted,I wouldn't bother, I'd do what Chris says and just get the lip.

Grill you can change, get a custom grill made up like the face lift, or just go for the Zunsport grill,

Be a lot cheaper and easier than sourcing a good condition Face lift bumper, along with painting it and getting a good match to the paint on the arches/bonnet etc.

If you're making you decision based on the image you posted,I wouldn't bother, I'd do what Chris says and just get the lip.

Grill you can change, get a custom grill made up like the face lift, or just go for the Zunsport grill,

Be a lot cheaper and easier than sourcing a good condition Face lift bumper, along with painting it and getting a good match to the paint on the arches/bonnet etc.

And having to buy all the bumper mounts, arch liners etc to make the facelift bumper fit correctly. It's not just a straight swap over.

Yeah I was thinking surely you can just swap the grille over? Or have one made up that's similar to the facelift. Cheers :thumbs:

The grille is part of the bumper, you have to cut the old one out and then fit a new one. I cut mine out and then used mesh behind the opening and in my view, it looks a million times better :)

I'm swaying towards the 06+ front bumper as a more subtle choice. Does anyone know where they can be bought from (if anywhere?) other than someone breaking their Z of course. I've searched ebay and google shopping, etc but can't seem to find one anywhere.

Joe

They are apparently not a straight fit. I have seen one fitted to an earlier car but I believe you need more than just the bumper, for example the headlight washers are different and so is the bumper lining.

Pete

I'm swaying towards the 06+ front bumper as a more subtle choice. Does anyone know where they can be bought from (if anywhere?) other than someone breaking their Z of course. I've searched ebay and google shopping, etc but can't seem to find one anywhere.

Joe

They are apparently not a straight fit. I have seen one fitted to an earlier car but I believe you need more than just the bumper, for example the headlight washers are different and so is the bumper lining.

Pete

Thanks mate, very helpful. :thumbs:

NISMO V2!

Hmm, I keep switching between the V1/V2 rep but I think the V2 is too bulky at the front, dunno whether it's just me but it looks like it pokes out too much? haha.