Clutch Issue

OllyB

Hey all, after a bit of advice.

Got into my z yesterday to move it from the drive into the garage and on pressing the clutch in to start it the pedal went straight to the floor, no resistance, and stayed there. I pulled it up and tried again, same, pulled it up and the resistance came back and the clutch feels like it's dis engaging and engaging.

I left it on the drive overnight as I was worried about starting to move it and the clutch failing again and being in a worse position.

I've been out again tonight and the clutch pedal still feels normal.... I've checked the fluid level and it has gone from max to min.

I'm reluctant to move it without understanding what the fault is and how likely it is to repeat.

Any ideas?

The clutch was replaced with a twin plate competition clutch 1000 miles ago and the concentric slave was upgraded at the same time.

If your fluid was topped up to max. when the clutch was replaced and it is at min. now then you must have a leak.

Top the fluid up and monitor, however you may now have air in the system so a bleed may be required.

If the fluid drops to min again then you will have to trace the leak and repair or replace the component.

Should be very easy to trace the fluid leak.

Alex. :)

If the cutch release bearing is not sliding on the shaft it can cause the pedal to go hard too, to the point you put the pedal to the floor and it stays... This went hand in hand with my slave cylinder (probably caused by excessive force trying to work the pedal) and ergo pivot ball snapped...