Help please. Removing top plenum means dropping the coolant?

wizurd

Hi.

Sorry for the probably stupid question. I'm taking off the top plenum. There's a few hoses attached. Are any of these coolant hoses and therefore am I going to need to do the coolant as well when I remove the plenum?

Cheers

Edited by wizurd

lol few drops ? lol got a bit more than that from the one hose that connects near the throttle body underneath. To be fair i probably should of just let it finish though, probably is just a few drops.

I'm wondering now, if i do drop the coolant (since im putting samco hoses on anyway) then that'll stop the fluid leaking from the hoses on the plenum as i remove it?

udu8u3a5.jpg

All off :) you were right no more coolant popped out. Drained the radiator anyway since I'm changing the hoses soon. Surprised how dirty it is in there and the top plenum is black on the intake near to the throttle body.

I'll let my bank manager know, not the gf though lol.

I'm gonna have a hard time explaining the one new thing I've bought when it arrives in a week or so, getting my list of excuses together already lol.

So need to add catch can, power steering and coolant overflow tanks to that list lol.

O and thanks for the help all, plenum nice and clean now and ready for polishing.

qe8ymypa.jpg

6arahymy.jpg

y4yda3at.jpg

ra4uzege.jpg

Did notice this on the plenum though. Guess it's a manufacturing code

9eteraju.jpg