My weekend efforts

d95gas

Well seeing as its been such an awesome weekend for the weather, I decided to get down and dirty with the Zed, which hasn't had any TLC since I picked her up about 4 months back now. Apart from an initial through going over.

Now I don't profess to know much about detailing, I am one of them "Triers" who gets suckered in with the usual hype about a product, hence I have a garage lined with everything you can think of.

My latest "Sucker" moment was on DW when people were talking about the "Soft99" products, at the time there was nobody in the UK supplying it, so I went to Ebay Australia and purchased the specific product for "Dark Colours"

soft99-12-moths-coating-fusso-coat-f7-car-wax-pearl-black-dark-color-500x500.jpg

Car was washed with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, dried and then the body was checked for any fallout......She was still nice and smooth from her last treatment (Garage queen).

So on with the wax, and soon learned to only do a couple of panels at a time. It goes on really easy and feels and looks like and oil. Packing says to leave until half dry and then polish off.......So this I did.

On a panel I decided to leave it a good while to see how it came off. It stuck well and put up some resistance, but came off fine with an extra bit of elbow grease.

Did the whole car in about 3hrs (Inc Tea breaks). All buffed off with some decent quality MF's. I did find that going back over an hour or so later, seemed to bring out a bit of extra bling.

Anyway I will let the pics do the talking, but needless to say, I am well impressed with it.

Side View:

Side.jpg

Wing Shot:

Wing.jpg

Bonnet Shot:

Bonnet1.jpg

Looking face down into the bonnet:

Bonnet%20down.jpg

All in all and excellent weekend......and not wasted just sitting around.

• Like 1

Excellent job d95gas. B)

Not enough people put the effort into waxing their cars properly so it's nice to see you giving the Zed the care it deserves. :D:thumbs:

Cheers Bud..... I can say 1001% its worth it, there is something very relaxing about waxing the car, I find I mentally sort my working week ahead when waxing.

Excellent job d95gas. B)

Not enough people put the effort into waxing their cars properly so it's nice to see you giving the Zed the care it deserves. :D:thumbs:

Cheers Bud..... I can say 1001% its worth it, there is something very relaxing about waxing the car, I find I mentally sort my working week ahead when waxing.

Did mine yesterday afternoon and just in time too as it rained in the late afternoon. :surrender:

At least I could sit back and just watch the water bead off the car nicely afterwards. B)

Looks fantastic. How do you rate soft99 to other waxes you've used?

Well I currently have a whole range of waxes, things such as FK1000P, FK Pink, Collinite, Blackfire Blackice, DoDo......and the list goes on.

This soft99 certainly gave it a wow factor in looks, more than any of those above I have used in the past. Went on super easy, and as long as you only let it half dry, comes off super easy.

For around £25 its definitely well worth the money, and I will be sticking to this one for now. I am interested to see whats its durability is like, but given that the car don't come out in crap weather, it doesn't concern me too much.

I would say its definitely one to have at hand its that easy to use, and as you see gives superb results.

Wow, you done a great job there. I've always found black to be the worst colour to clean/polish but if done well like yours, give the best results.

Thanks bud......Black is a nightmare to keep clean, but when you give it some TLC they always look great......just got to find a way of keeping it like that.......apart from locking it in the garage :-)