Time for new clutch!!

d95gas

Just been out for a drive and clutch is starting to slip in 3+ gears. I guess its probably the original clutch as its just clocked 51,048 and came with full service history and there is no mention of the clutch having been replaced. Is there anyone reputable and fairly priced in the "Darlington" / Co Durham area that you guys can recommend?

Is it necessary to change the flywheel, or will this be dependent on the condition. Car has always driven well with no nasty noises from the gearbox/clutch area.

Hoping someone can recommend someone local.......If I could get it on the ramps at work I'd do it myself.....Can't be that bad a job :)

Thanks

I recommend changing the flywheel at the same time.

Clarke motor sports do a good deal on clutches and flywheels so give them a pm.

+1

Would be a shame to change the clutch then you get issues with the fly then it will be even more labour costs. PM Clarks for their options :thumbs:

Thanks guys :)

There is a number of options depending on your needs, normally always advisable to change the flywheel at the same time as the DMF units in the cars don't tend to last and will normally be worn once the clutch has reached the end of its life.

Drop me a PM or give us a call if I can help

Ewen