Auto breaks!!

Spatt

hit a roundabout this morning quite briskly and felt the car breaking (Or at least thats what it felt like) while cornering. the slip light flashed at me.

Is this normal. i guess it was stopping the back stepping out on me but it almost felt like it was the front breaks not a cut of power to the rear?

Can anyone relate to this?

:blush: oops. sorry i struggle with stuff like that, damn brain!

So its normal for the car to brake automatically? :excl: will it still do this if I turn T.C off?

I've only ever driven it hard a couple of times since i only just got it but i have noticed this happen before entering a corner hard, i cant believe it would automatically pinch the breaks, is it to stop the front slipping?

cheers i'll give that a watch later... thanks for the replies im glad now i know what it is... I have never driven a car that does this before normally you can punish the front wheels until they start to scream at you but i guess you cant do that in the zed? It something i think will take a little while to get used too but i was driving some A roads the other day and when it happened it scared me to death.

cheers i'll give that a watch later... thanks for the replies im glad now i know what it is... I have never driven a car that does this before normally you can punish the front wheels until they start to scream at you but i guess you cant do that in the zed? It something i think will take a little while to get used too but i was driving some A roads the other day and when it happened it scared me to death.

:lol: it shouldn't happen often, although worn tyres do provoke it, first time it happened to me I thought 'i've broke it'

Yes i think my fronts are letting me down.. i have brand new Continental on the rear but my front are very old rubber.. i heard that old tyres can go 'hard' and not provide much grip (The previous owner had these wheels stored in a garage and never covered any miles on them).. Assuming my fronts are providing less grip this would have caused the ESP to kick in and brake the car for me?

Really happy i know what this is now and time to start saving for some MPS3s for the front

Mixed tyres will cause the stability system to intervene quite early. I had mixed tyres on my Zed, newish rears and original fronts when I bought it just over 12 months ago.

I've now changed the fronts, as they were approaching the tread depth minimum, so I now have all tyres from the same manufacturer and the stability system rarely now intervenes.

There is some great advice in the pinned sections on why mixing tyres is best avoided.