F%CKING SPEEDING TICKET

Zedrush

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely contest that ticket, being done for 3 mph is ludicrous, that could easily be down to speedo error, especially if your running none standard wheels/tyres which will throw the speedo miles out.

I got an NIP for 44 in an 40 in an LS400 about 2 years ago and got off with it.

Appeal mate, it's well worth a try.

I would definitely contest that ticket, being done for 3 mph is ludicrous, that could easily be down to speedo error, especially if your running none standard wheels/tyres which will throw the speedo miles out.

Seconded!

Seconded!

+1, waste their time and take them to court. :thumbs:

I've never succesfully been prosecuted from a camera. Obviously I'm a car dealer and we do lots of test drives. I always ask for a copy of the photo to attempt to identify the driver, but then it's hard to tie up the photo of a stranger to the names in the test drive log...I usually find 2 or 3 letters exchanged is sufficient for them to drop the case and move on.

Just found out finally got the letter from the guy who recieved it previous seller, as he told me over the phone it was 33, it was 36mph not 33mph, Im doomed :dry:
Im confused mate. The speeding ticket went to the new owner? What was the date?

Totally immoral, but what happens if you say it was a test drive and you don't have the drivers details???? ...as i said totally immoral ;)

I have absolutely no idea what would happen if you said that, it would practically give you carte blanche to get away with speeding tickets which as you say would be totally immoral and I could never condone such antics ;)

Actually, I do know what happens in that instance. They try to prosecute me as the business owner whether or not I was the driver, so I write a stroppy letter about how I have tried to help them and to prosecute me for a crime I didn't commit is perverting the course of justice etc and they drop it.

Just found out finally got the letter from the guy who recieved it previous seller, as he told me over the phone it was 33, it was 36mph not 33mph, Im doomed :dry:

No I got a speeding ticket in my new car, but it went to the old owner, as Dvla I guess have not fully updated their system yet that I am the new owner. He called me up to say he got a letter saying speeding (originally he told me it was 33 but now told me he misread it and it is 36mph) :headhurt: ) The letter said he has been caught speeding and prosecution notice is given and is waiting for a response. He said that he sent it back saying he has lost all the new owners details and that he doesnt own it anymore. So it will only be a matter of days before I get issued (or my mum as its in her name cos of insurance) with the prosecution notice, then will ask them for photographic proof I guess and try waste their time, and see if there speedos were out but doubt it at 36mph :dry:

No I got a speeding ticket in my new car, but it went to the old owner, as Dvla I guess have not fully updated their system yet that I am the new owner. He called me up to say he got a letter saying speeding (originally he told me it was 33 but now told me he misread it and it is 36mph) :headhurt: ) The letter said he has been caught speeding and prosecution notice is given and is waiting for a response. He said that he sent it back saying he has lost all the new owners details and that he doesnt own it anymore. So it will only be a matter of days before I get issued (or my mum as its in her name cos of insurance) with the prosecution notice, then will ask them for photographic proof I guess and try waste their time, and see if there speedos were out but doubt it at 36mph :dry:

Oh i see what you mean now. Just give the ticket to your mum and have her take the points, lol.

Has the new turbo arrived yet?

No not yet mum just got a call, it will be here in September they are doing all the engine mods to it in Germany (215mph) then will go Project Khan for the retrim, body styling and wheels and carbon fibre interior with crome finish. Its going to look mental, it will be the first 911 turbo that project Khan has modified, so will post up all the pics once its arrived. Taking longer than expected because mum wants a UK spec not an imported spec from Germany. She said she will let me drive it too :yahoo::yahoo:

No not yet mum just got a call, it will be here in September they are doing all the engine mods to it in Germany (215mph) then will go Project Khan for the retrim, body styling and wheels and carbon fibre interior with crome finish. Its going to look mental, it will be the first 911 turbo that project Khan has modified, so will post up all the pics once its arrived. Taking longer than expected because mum wants a UK spec not an imported spec from Germany. She said she will let me drive it too :yahoo::yahoo:
Can i borrow it for a weekend????? ;)

With Wiltshire Constabulary asking for the photo doesn't work. Their first letter gives you a website case number link with the photos on - I've got mine on my PC now! Suppose you could say you dont have a computer .....

Totally immoral, but what happens if you say it was a test drive and you don't have the drivers details???? ...as i said totally immoral ;)

Thats a very very good point mate, struggling to find a way for them to get round that :D

Thats a very very good point mate, struggling to find a way for them to get round that :D

Can I test drive your Lambo :teeth:

Can I test drive your Lambo :teeth:

Of course you can't :thumbs: