Great game of golf this morning - so I thought!

rickya

Had an excellent game this morning, won with a score of 78 which I thought was amazing, till I checked the clubs scoreboard & the good players were shooting low 50's!! Ah well pretty crap then :yuck: Well it was my best score yet in 11 months since I started playing. :D

ps Just worked out my approx handicap on this free web software programme: it's a poorly 23!!! :teeth:

Had an excellent game this morning, won with a score of 78 which I thought was amazing, till I checked the clubs scoreboard & the good players were shooting low 50's!! Ah well pretty crap then :yuck: Well it was my best score yet in 11 months since I started playing. :D

ps Just worked out my approx handicap on this free web software programme: it's a poorly 23!!! :teeth:

take up cricket , a good innings 78 :p

78 sounds good to me, if they were bringing in low 50s think they must have done the 19th hole first!

well its perfectly possible to shoot low 50s as long as you get through the windmill first time - my best round at crazy golf is well below that..

Stew: Its a 9 Hole set on a Hill (Horsendon Hill) with views about 15 miles towards Central London. (I go round 18 in & out). Tough because of narrow fairways; contoured/hilly fairways & unforgiving greens! But its a small course mainly par 3's with a couple of par 4's. Par is 58 IIRC. :) Im not good enough for the big courses yet :dry:

Guest prescience

I managed a 62 once when I was in my late teens - forget the par, it was in the sixties. It was a fluke I admit but I did get down to 9 hcap** at that time and I do miss not having had the time to devote to golf since :(

** also 9 was not as a result of any particular talent, it was simply that I played most days, twice a day at that time - you do get better with practice :)

I managed a 62 once when I was in my late teens - forget the par, it was in the sixties. It was a fluke I admit but I did get down to 9 hcap** at that time and I do miss not having had the time to devote to golf since :(

** also 9 was not as a result of any particular talent, it was simply that I played most days, twice a day at that time - you do get better with practice :)

Thats pretty impressive mate; It may take me years & I may never get down to low 10's let alone 9!!

Guest prescience

Thats pretty impressive mate; It may take me years & I may never get down to low 10's let alone 9!!

It helps to have a few mates who you want to outdo :thumbs: I realise I will never get that good again but I promise you, the more you play the better you get and I recommend a few lessons. There are some lucky s@ds who can pick up a club once a year and shoot a good score but not me and not most

Iv had about 14 lessons (30 mins each) over the year & thoroughly hooked :scare:

Bought new irons a couple of weeks ago, now just need a good driver. Will hold out till October when Im off to USA, with exchange rate so good, will hopefully get a bargain on a Callaway driver B)...as well as a lot of zed bits B)

Guest prescience

Find a few clubs you can hit consistently - for me it was 3 wood off the tee, 4,5 and 7 iron and when you're confident with those, you're 'basically' OK tee to green, then focus all your effors on the short game and your handicap will drop dramatically.

Don't over complicate it and as a medium handicapper expect to hit every club in the bag well - I never could - just a few basic clubs then chipping and putting will get to to mid-teens or below :thumbs: