Virgin Media

mouthwash

Is it just my area that is just constant tripe or is VM terrible everywhere? I can't go more than 1-2 days before something breaks. Today I've got a download speed of 0.20mb/s instead of the 60 we're supposed to get. Over subscribed piece of shite, I had it at my old place.. Got rid because it never worked, moved in with my other halfs parents to save money only to find they have VM too and guess what, it doesn't work half of the time.

Sometimes it will just randomly drop out for 10 minutes, sometimes it will drop out all night, sometimes it will work.

A quick search of the internet reveals that a lot of people seem to suffer from the same crap service.

All I know is I want to play BF4 with my afternoon off but I'm getting what is referred to around here as VD (virgin denial).

Bit of a rant I know but as I'm not a VM customer, I can't phone up and make their lives miserable. So you lot will do!

• Like 1

Plug the router into the Master socket.

Have a little good, but will require you to take the Facia off a phone line to get to it.

I don't have VM nor do I have the best internet speed, but this is what I do to maximise my speed/reliability.

This will then establish if you have bad connections at home or if VM are having issues.

Got VM in the KT4 area mate and its never missed a beat. Run a speed test and it always does what it says on the tin.

Guess i may just be lucky.

What area are you in ?

I'm down in the BN13 area, I've never had a good experience with it. On the other hand with Sky I never once had a problem, wish I stayed with them and didn't get lured in by the high speed claims.

I'll take a look at that Grundy but as it's not my house I'll wait a little bit.

My mate got VM and he's always complaining about it.

Nothing but agro all the time. :rant:

Yeah and it doesn't help that their helpdesk are a bunch of useless so and so's either.

You'll need to get through to their 2nd line support guys, which will take a miracle. You're just talking to a bunch of people reading off a script who will after a hour of talking do you a line test.

Yeah and it doesn't help that their helpdesk are a bunch of useless so and so's either.

You'll need to get through to their 2nd line support guys, which will take a miracle. You're just talking to a bunch of people reading off a script who will after a hour of talking do you a line test.

At my old property I had about 5 engineers attend my house, 1 senior engineer I had everything from the exchange to my house replaced and it still wouldn't work properly, my theory is that VM works fine for people that use it lightly, if you game, stream etc then forget it. In my area of course.

One of the engineers even admitted it was over subscribed crap as he was leaving.

At my old property I had about 5 engineers attend my house, 1 senior engineer I had everything from the exchange to my house replaced and it still wouldn't work properly, my theory is that VM works fine for people that use it lightly, if you game, stream etc then forget it. In my area of course.

One of the engineers even admitted it was over subscribed crap as he was leaving.

Could be that you are getting throttled. I know BT throttle me on Peer to Peer downloads :angry:

Could be that you are getting throttled. I know BT throttle me on Peer to Peer downloads :angry:

I wish I was downloading, however I'm the only one that's about at the moment and all I'm trying to do is play BF4 and I'm getting 0.20mb/s. That's not throttling, that's a fooked service.

It works fine for me Bucks.

We have 30Mb basic broadband combo package which works brilliantly, even under moderately heavy use. The TV can some times be patchy though. In January, we had a few issues with TV service, but that appears to be resolved - perhaps upgrades going on. I once wanted a TV coax extension cable - they must have miles of spare cable - but Virgin helpline said buy from eBay or face £99 install fee. Stuff that. Telephone is average quality but reliable.

0.2Mb/s is way below par if you are on cable (like us). Their AUP is pretty generous, so you may be suffering some kind of outage or server limitation - they are in the throes of upgrades again it seems according to the advertising.

Only gripe I have is that its all a bit expensive (circa £50 a month). I'd like to dispense with all but broadband, but the packages available don't let feasibly let you. :)