Seat rails.

HAMLNJ

Been looking for you HAMLNJ but from what I can find (mainly on US Zed forums) the only thing you can do to lower the standard seat position is to change the seat entirely. You would need to get aftermarket seats with low seat rails but then obviously that will cost a bit plus lose you those nice heated leather seats & electrics. :dry:

Low seat rails for aftermarket bucket seats here; http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/nagisa-auto-super-low-seat-rail-leftside-nissan-350z-0308-p-108398.html

Don't know if anyone's modded the standard seat rails but would be cool for you if they have. Maybe try google further. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'd love to see if I could mod them.

That might be the only option. Not sure really though if it's even possible. :headhurt:

Looking at the diagram below the seat rails appear to be lower on one side than the other meaning that although you may be able to modify one side to make it lower it looks as if the other side is as low as it's possible to make it. Probably due to the way the prop shaft runs down the centre of the car underneath or something. :dry:

3714290.gif

I wouldn't want to change my standard seats but if the height issue is really a problem then your only viable option may be new seats with lower seat rails. I'm sure though if you can solve this there will be a lot of interested 6ft+ 350Z owners as I found a lot of threads about this subject. :surrender:;)

There is one option not yet mentioned.

Apply one of these to the roof until you fit

photo-413790.jpg

Or you could contact Alex (or one of the guys currently breaking a Z) to see if they've got a set of rails you can modify, but let's be honest that's just the boring solution of the two. :teeth:

• Like 2

I'd love to see if I could mod them.

That might be the only option. Not sure really though if it's even possible. :headhurt:

Looking at the diagram below the seat rails appear to be lower on one side than the other meaning that although you may be able to modify one side to make it lower it looks as if the other side is as low as it's possible to make it. Probably due to the way the prop shaft runs down the centre of the car underneath or something. :dry:

3714290.gif

I wouldn't want to change my standard seats but if the height issue is really a problem then your only viable option may be new seats with lower seat rails. I'm sure though if you can solve this there will be a lot of interested 6ft+ 350Z owners as I found a lot of threads about this subject. :surrender:;)

Think your right on this on. I think it's because of the gear box. It is as low as it can go. Shame