iPhone OBD scanner

Toby85

Hi,

Does anybody use one of these cheap wifi iPhone compatible OBD scanners and find it genuinely useful for monitoring live data? I'm still trying to resolve a p0300 code with no luck and being able to see love data such as O2 readings, fuel trims etc would be really useful.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Toby

I've used the iobd2 with my iPhone, mainly to get and clear codes from my O2 sensors. It works fine for that. At first I tried to use it also for live data, just because it can really, but I found the connection to be a touch unstable. However, they've done a few updates in the last few months and stability is good. It gives me read outs from the O2 sensors live, not that I have any idea what they're supposed to be :lol: I've not got round to checking the workshop manual. On mine it eems two like to be around 0.3v and two around 0.7v FWIW

Not tried torque yet.

Edited by SuperStu

Sorry which is the best wireless dongle? There's loads on eBay, are they all compatible with most App Store apps? I'm just looking at a cheap £13 elm327 black wifi plug in dongle, there's loads of apps on the App Store I will try!

I can promise you that the cheapy ELM wifi dongle on eBay for like £6 works perfectly with Dash Command, itself about £6 on the App Store. Been using it for a couple of weeks now, across both Jap (MR2) and German (Mini) cars.

• Like 1

Sorry which is the best wireless dongle? There's loads on eBay, are they all compatible with most App Store apps? I'm just looking at a cheap £13 elm327 black wifi plug in dongle, there's loads of apps on the App Store I will try!

iobd2. Thats the name of both app and dongle.

Edited by KyleR