Possible clutch problem?

My350z

Hi guys,

New to the forum as I've just purchased my GT4 last week! Love the car and everything is looking good apart from one thing.

When accelerating quickly I've noticed the revs go up then drop down - then slowly pick back up again before going through the normal rev range?

I've watched a few acceleration videos on YouTube (faithful resource) and the needles don't drop at all like mine. They just power through. It feels like something's not biting as it should, the car revs and then takes a few seconds to lock into place.

Need a bit of advice really, sorry if this has been posted before :)

:welcome: fellow GT4 owner.

Slipping clutch mate as already covered. Should be covered by consumer act as though it is a wear and tear item it should be reasonably fit for purpose for a nominal period after purchase. So unless you have put on crazy miles since you bought in within the week or have been driving only sideways everywhere you better get back to the dealer to get it repaired. If they say no just calmly return the car. No need to invoke warranty.

If the decide to fix it FOC as they should used the opportunity to get an uprated clutch and single mass flywheel. Traders here will help with sourcing. This option is cheaper than going to Nissan for OEM stuff so the dealer should thank you.

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 1