Ahh Bloomin Wheel nut

Zedrush

Hi guys I may have lost or misplaced the locking wheel nut to my car, cant find it anywhere. Its for my 350z gt with standard rays alloys, each wheel has one locking wheel nut on it, so it is stock from Nissan. What are my options and whats the cheapest way of resolving this as am planing to get new wheels and better security locking nuts anyway. Can Nissan get me another spare key? will they have to look at the lock or are they all the same or are there cheaper companies who can resolve this matter for me, dont really want to drill the nut as will have to do it for all four wheels :surrender::surrender::surrender:

Nissan have them usually 5/6 different types, but will probably need to take log bk with you. Or failing that they can be forced off at most tyre fitter places as a last resort, but not advisable

cheers mate so they have them at hand? Do you know how much roughly?

Nissan have them usually 5/6 different types, but will probably need to take log bk with you. Or failing that they can be forced off at most tyre fitter places as a last resort, but not advisable

cheers mate so they have them at hand? Do you know how much roughly?

Mine cost about £6 :thumbs:

seriously from nissan? thats cheap :teeth:

Its only a fancy nut really. :blush:

thank god for that i expected it to be in the 100s lol

Dude its not gold plated ;)

...understandable though - after all we are talking Nissan GB prices!

exactly, apparently a bose head unit is £1107 + vat + fitting, one headlamp is £827 + vat + fitting, I expected the locking wheel nut to be about £70 + vat and if they are cheeky enough + fitting lol. They already said that a bluetooth handfree a certain type was just under £200 they wanted to charge £10 to fit it, but when I asked whats involved they said it just slides in to the original holder, I said I could do that myself, they said you could :dry:

If you speak to the nice AA man he has a special locking wheel nut remover which works, prooved by LiamZ and Chesterfield. Its the only way you are gonna get them off without ruining your wheels.

McGuard locking wheel nuts are voted one of the best

If you speak to the nice AA man he has a special locking wheel nut remover which works, prooved by LiamZ and Chesterfield. Its the only way you are gonna get them off without ruining your wheels.

I just took mine to a dealership, they got out the different wheel nut adapters that they had until the right one was found. I then used it to take my wheels off and then ordered a new adapter. Easy :)

I just took mine to a dealership, they got out the different wheel nut adapters that they had until the right one was found. I then used it to take my wheels off and then ordered a new adapter. Easy :)

wasn't that easy for Chesterfield

wasn't that easy for Chesterfield

He has the brain the size of a pea then :p

Nope - dealer did not have any, and also said that they would not get one to match as the ones fitted to the 350Z were unique, and all but individual to each car.

Im not really surprised that its a hell of a lot easier than my dealer made out. They have struck me as a little workshy before now.

However I did get it sorted in the end, and I went to the manufacturers of the tool that the AA have. 2 minute job and they were all off.

• 6 months later...

Just had this same problem. I looked at everything you shoudl look at when buying a car - except the locking wheel nuts :headhurt:

I only twigged when at the tyre fitters. They said they wouldn't touch it (don't want to damage the alloys, sir) and take it to the dealership. After fighting through traffic, the dealer says they have to be drilled off and there is no such thing as 'spare' or 'master' keys in the building and they can't find the part number for replacing them anyway. :rant:

Called Phil at ESR who thinks he can get me a replacement key for about £35, next day.

Fingers crossed :sweat: I await his call back...

Just had this same problem. I looked at everything you shoudl look at when buying a car - except the locking wheel nuts :headhurt:

I only twigged when at the tyre fitters. They said they wouldn't touch it (don't want to damage the alloys, sir) and take it to the dealership. After fighting through traffic, the dealer says they have to be drilled off and there is no such thing as 'spare' or 'master' keys in the building and they can't find the part number for replacing them anyway. :rant:

Called Phil at ESR who thinks he can get me a replacement key for about £35, next day.

Fingers crossed :sweat: I await his call back...

speak to a AA man. He will be able to get it off without having to drill it