Navigation problem on roadster

Cri_rotitza

Hi, I'm new around here so please have a bit of patience with me. I'll try to describe my problem as much as my knowledge takes me. I bought a Nissan 350Z GT pack with Bose system, when I got the car the Sat nav was not working (put the key in the ignition and nothing was happening) so I did had a look around and in the glovebox compartment (behind the seats) I did found some cables from SatNav so I went online and bought a SatNav system compatible with 350Z who does fit and connects to my screen. The firmware is Xanavi also has Nissan written on it, plug it in and powers up but it asking me to select miles or kilometres and to press Ok. Now I don t have an Ok button first of all and second is that next to my SatNav I have a "receiver" who is plugging into my navigation by a jack connector. I don t know exactly what is that "receiver" doing and is strange that I do have another connector with 8 pins available in my SatNav after I did plug all connectors. Does anyone has any clues what I m on about or had seen/use the same system? Is anything missing? I ve seen on the internet roughly same navigation having something like a remote control to go with it which I don t have. Could that be the problem? Please someone help me if any infos are available anywhere. I will attach a link with the navigation I bought for more accurate informations. As well does anyone knows what is the black box on top of the unit does? (The one from the picture when you click on the link). Thanks a lot in advance!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151217179247

Post up some pics of your screen, and the connectors.

The standard UK system is Birdview and has buttons including an OK/Enter on a panel beneath it.

It sounds like you have an aftermarket screen installed.

As others have said, it doesnt sound like this might well be an OEM system. My 2007 Roadster had the OEM sat nav and just below the display on the dash there were all the buttons to use the system. Behind the drivers seat there was the dvd drive built into the back of the car in which the sat nav dvd ran from. There was no remote control or anything like that for the system.

I don't know how to post photos my car is 05 plate.

I'm in feltham close to hearhrow term 4 but i work in wembley park next to the stadium

Put pics up on something like photobucket and post the link to the resulting image on here

This. I joined Photobucket last week and it's a doddle to use.

Once you have an account you can upload pictures from your computer that you've taken with your mobile phone camera or whatever. :thumbs:

Somebody see this before? This type of navi?

I can't tell from those photo's, never seen mine in bits before! Assuming it's OEM, are you sure it wasn't working? If you hold the "sleep/moon" button down for 3+ seconds it shuts off and doesn't display anything. (I think that the right button! Haven't been in the car for a while, stupid winter!). Also, did you buy the car from a dealer or private? If a dealer they should be fix it if you bought it and it doesn't work.

No was only the screen and that small receiver......no buttons

Ahhhh... '05 plate, that one that had a remote control I believe (someone confirm that please!). Do you have the remote anywhere? If not hopefully a member on here with the same sat nav could possibly try their remote. It could be an excuse for a mini meet now that Winter is almost over. ;)

Was the one with the remote not like a dealer fit thing that wasn't placed behind the driver seat like it should be...

That picture looks like its home is in the cubby behind the passenger seat... Suspect someone has tried to fit a Nissan sat nav and didn't do well... (lets face it, you either pay up for the right kit or spend ages trying to make it work)...

I dont mind to spend some money and buy the right kit but i dont have the wiring for that one thats the problem and what i have now on the car i think is working because it start show nissan and after ask me to chose mileage or km but if i dont have the buttons or remote.... On this sat nav if i will know what i need i will buy. If nobody knows when i will take the car from the garage i will go to the dealer to see what they can do.