DBA Brake Discs

Jetpilot

Hi all, i got a pair of Dba front discs mid/late summer and although i havent been doing much driving of late, the rust build up is incredible, beyond a scrub off on a drive if you know what i mean, looking like i will have to get them skimmed.

Anyone else had this problem with dba?

Hi all, i got a pair of Dba front discs mid/late summer and although i havent been doing much driving of late, the rust build up is incredible, beyond a scrub off on a drive if you know what i mean, looking like i will have to get them skimmed.

Anyone else had this problem with dba?

I have seen this before not just with DBA but any brand of disc where the car is used infrequently especially in the winter months. A lot of guys local to us work offshore so can use the car for a couple of days then park it up for 3 or 4 weeks and if this is combined with road salt discs faces can corrode fairly quickly.

I have found that a spirited drive will normally clear the face of the disc.

Cheers Alex, will give it a go see what happens, its worse than what i would normally expect or experienced, its the hub too which surprised me as the gold paint seemed good :)

Even a small amount of road salt can rapidly increase corrosion if left standing. The paint is quite resilient but over time it will deteriorate.

By the way its Ewen :)

Cheers Alex, will give it a go see what happens, its worse than what i would normally expect or experienced, its the hub too which surprised me as the gold paint seemed good :)

Even a small amount of road salt can rapidly increase corrosion if left standing. The paint is quite resilient but over time it will deteriorate.

By the way its Ewen :)

Thanks Ewen, lol :)

• Like 1