help - DE engine head/block bolts? need to find some...

mattross1313

Morning all,

Looking for advice off you tech guru's.

I am looking to source some bolts for a DE engine block (pic below with a square around the ones I need). After a Googling session last night I have landed on these bolts being M11 with 1.25 pitch?

• First off is M11x1.25 the correct size?
  • Second up, I am looking for 4 'spare' bolts of this size. Anyone have some laying around? (they will get powder coat on them so they will most likely be no good once I am finished with them.
  • Thirdly, I am looking to get some nice chrome/stainless bolts to thread into these holes but struggling with the M11 size. (don't worry the engine is not going back in a car).

With this M11 restriction on finding 'nice' bolts, would it be less hassle for me to just re-thread this out to an M12? Thus providing me much more choice of bolts?

Apologies for the ramble

IMG_0873.jpg

Retapping from M11 to M12 is probably not the best course of action. It is considered good engineering practice when retapping to increase thread size by at least 2mm.

Suggest you replace like for like, if possible, and if they are not stressed components, eg head bolts, then ZMANALEX is your man!

Thanks guys :) been speaking to Alex over PM for some other items but hopefully all sorted now.

As hinted to above this will end up as furniture so will not be under much stress. I ended up solving the issue today as it turns out I need to use a smaller bolt anyway, oops!

Thanks for replies though - once complete I will be along with pics :)