At what point do you consider fully comp

Flex

I found for my 2nd car third party f&t was more expensive ??

Not sure if they considered mega higher if I didn't care to insure fully comp ? Obviously I am fully comp

I did find a co that gave me 2 yrs Ncb for the first yr as all my Ncb was on the 911 at the time

Fully Comp is most of the time either the same price or cheaper that TPFT... No brainer.. :blush:..

Yup the days of TPFT being cheaper seem to be long gone - have looked at putting the shed (2004 Astra with 100k on the clock) on TPFT at the last two renewals - always more expensive :shrug:

I think insurers are wary of tpft cover as anyone taking this option is possibly cutting corners elsewhere as well. My kids have found the cheapest option is to add me as named driver, and when I bought the zed as an extra car my insurers mirrored my ncb so this made it a no brainer. Finally, you dont accumulate no claims bonus so over time even less worthwhile.

No and I just checked its exactly the same and changing the excess has no impact on cars around £2500, shoulda just ran the comparisons before posting. Never mind!

Changed it significantly for me on a 1Ä· shed when I banged it up to a grand.

No and I just checked its exactly the same and changing the excess has no impact on cars around £2500, shoulda just ran the comparisons before posting. Never mind!

Changed it significantly for me on a 1Ä· shed when I banged it up to a grand.

I could only go upto £500 excess. Exciting I know! Crazy times.