Bose Rear Speaker Replacement: Advice Please!

Darren350

Hey guys,

I fancy replacing the rear speakers in my 2004 Zed and was wondering if there are direct replacements available?

I think the rears are 6.5 so am I right in thinking ANY 6.5 will just be a direct fit? No spacers etc required?

Is it quite an easy job? Just unscrew the cover, unscrew the speakers, pop the new ones in and job done? My current system is the stock bose GT system.

At some stage I want to replace the HU with a better looking unit. But have heard this can be a PITA so am putting it off for a while lol.

Is it worth changing the fronts as well or is this a harder job? Also I was toying with the idea of leaving the rear speakers exposed as I thought it might look quite'cool', lol. How wrong am I??? Hahaha

Advice and help appreciated!

I was looking into doing this I found a how to guide on line will find the link in a sec :-) I would go for infinity 6.5 my self front and back at the same time and slap a amp in when you have every panel off it will save you time in the long run :-)

http://www.activetuning.com/pat/4/6/

This one might help you as we'll

http://m.my350z.com/forum/tags.php?tag=speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Briggsybriggs1

I know :lol: Just saying you will get an improved sound quality with a your new speakers, but you wont get full benefit from them until you get either an AMP or replace the head unit. Let me know if you start looking for one, I've got one sat on my desk at home.

I've upgraded both the head unit and the rear speakers. Doing the rears is a waste of time unless you do the head unit IMO. On the standard system, the Bose cassette thing is the biggest limiting factor to the sound. As for fitting, it was pretty straight forward, I just used the holes for the screws that were already there.