A few questions about my first 350z...

mikkydoos

Hi all,

New Z owner here : )

I bought a spotless 350z GT Sat Nav in Nov '13 after MONTHS of trying to find the right one :D

08 plate in midnight blue 9500 miles, full nissan history (both services heh!) Been under a cover most of its life.

Anyway, I have a few newbie questions I hope you guys know the answers to. I'd really appreciate your comments.

1. Can you adjust the height of the seatbelt at the shoulder? Theres a rachet (kind of) on the belt guide where it goes over your shoulder but it doesn't move up and down much. Its a bit low for me and i'm 5' 10".

2. When I press my head back on the headrest, I feel the headrest prongs pressing through the back of the seat. Is it Normal and just a bad design?... and can you adjust the headrest height?

3. Heated seats just heat the backrest at the small of your back right? not the seat too?

4. Handbrake adjustment. Easy enough? Mines riding quite high. Stretched cable most likely.

5. DTE on the trip computer... looks uselessly inaccurate to me. Is it?

6. Anyone know of a replacement stereo that fits straight in with steering wheel control, phone mic etc ... (note - check the ICE forum first.. ignore that)

7. What do you use your miniature tray where the glovebox should be for? :lol:

Cheers. Hope you can help.

Welcome - one big thing - learn to check your oil level frequently, it's not as difficult as made out when you get used to it. Just pull the dipstick out slowly after the car has been sitting overnight and you will be able to read it accurately. They do burn oil and you do need to make sure the level is OK - even a low miler like yours!!

Apparently the heated seats have 2 settings, the switches are rocker switches, one way does seat and back the other just one of them.

I'm 6ft4 and mine fits ok?! Can't say more without going out to check.

Normal - yes it adjusts.

The seat heaters are a bit pants really - better than nowt though.

All Zed handbrakes are like that - just make sure you give it a good yank and park in gear if you have to leave it on a slope!

DTE isn't too bad, varies based on driving style / conditions.

An emergency tenner!

Hi all,

I bought a spotless 350z GT Sat Nav in Nov '13 after MONTHS of trying to find the right one :D

08 plate in midnight blue 9500 miles, full nissan history (both services heh!) Been under a cover most of its life.

An 08 car should have been serviced at least 5 times (i.e. once every year)

and :welcome:

Hi all,

An 08 car should have been serviced at least 5 times (i.e. once every year)

and :welcome:

This!!

Hello & welcome aboard. :welcome:

Seems like most questions have been answered but;

3. Heated seats have two settings ~ HIGH does back & base of seat ~ LOW does just the base. (Just noticed FloydBax answered that)

4. As Commander mentioned all Zed handbrakes are high up ~ best left in gear though when you park just to be safe.

7. The miniature tray you mentioned is supposed to be a business card holder from what I've read ~ I believe you can get a cup holder to fit there and just swap them around as it's more useful. :pmzmanalex::thumbs:

Welcome - one big thing - learn to check your oil level frequently, it's not as difficult as made out when you get used to it. Just pull the dipstick out slowly after the car has been sitting overnight and you will be able to read it accurately. They do burn oil and you do need to make sure the level is OK - even a low miler like yours!! Apparently the heated seats have 2 settings, the switches are rocker switches, one way does seat and back the other just one of them.
Hi all, New Z owner here : ) I bought a spotless 350z GT Sat Nav in Nov '13 after MONTHS of trying to find the right one :D 08 plate in midnight blue 9500 miles, full nissan history (both services heh!) Been under a cover most of its life.
An 08 car should have been serviced at least 5 times (i.e. once every year) and :welcome:

Oil yep. Every week. I do about 30 miles a week in it.

Services - Got serviced at 5000 and then at 9000. I'm pretty happy with that. The bloke who owned it before me was 80 years old. I can't imagine he would have ever thrashed it. The 9000 Nissan service replaced all fluids and an engine flush. Oil after 500 miles is still crystal clear and full. Apart from that, its been sitting in storage most of its life. I even have an original Nissan car cover for it. The guy who had it before me was a bit of an eccentric the dealer tells me. He part ex'd my Z, a Westfield and an '01 Yellow Fiat Punto (with 4000 miles) that he'd taken to Ferrari and had a Scuderia leather interior fitted in it. Takes all sorts I suppose. :)

Really appreciate the comments guys. Keep em coming ; )

Edited by mikkydoos

Hello & welcome aboard. :welcome:

Seems like most questions have been answered but;

3. Heated seats have two settings ~ HIGH does back & base of seat ~ LOW does just the base. (Just noticed FloydBax answered that)

4. As Commander mentioned all Zed handbrakes are high up ~ best left in gear though when you park just to be safe.

7. The miniature tray you mentioned is supposed to be a business card holder from what I've read ~ I believe you can get a cup holder to fit there and just swap them around as it's more useful. :pmzmanalex::thumbs:

Cup holder would be handy. Any idea where I can get one ??