Clutch bleeding, possible problems. Opinions please!!

iLott

So yesterday I set about replacing my clutch fluid. I sucked the majority out of the reservoir, and topped up with new. After that I tried to release the nipple because I knew it would be slightly ceased. The open ended spanner was no good so I got a small socket on there and just cracked it off and closed it again. I then connected my one man bleeding kit and got my girlfriend into the drivers seat. I didn't really trust the kit so did the open close technique anyway. So she pumped 5 times and held, the first time she pumped the pedal snapped to the floor, I told her if it did that to just pull it up manually. We did this for about 30 mins and fluid was making it's way out, and the reservoir never went dry. I'd say we did about 1.5 reservoirs worth of fluid. However the pedal still snaps to the floor... I left it overnight because it got dark and now I'm going out there again to keep trying.

All I want to ask is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? All opinions welcome!

Cheers

Dan

When my tech changed my slave and line he had the same thing at first, stuck religiously to the procedure in the link above and it finally came good. Not much help I know, but persevere and make sure you get the pump/bleed sequence/timing spot on.

Good luck bud.

Thanks guys, I think it is actually getting better, not sure if it's in the pipe or the clutch line but I can see tiny little air bubbles coming out. I've put the cap on and tightened the nipple to come

Inside and warm up and have something to eat, will be back out there in a bit.

Thanks again guys I'll keep you updated

Managed to do it, finished at about 4, pumped over a litre through in the end and it was pretty disgusting. Unfortunately it hasn't really sorted my problem so I believe a new master or slave is on the cards :(

9uruhy5y.jpg

uzudynur.jpg

Anyone got any suggestions on what it could be? My clutch pedal has like a slack at the top of the pedal and it doesn't always return, when it does return It's not straight away. It's about a second after the rest of the pedal comes up.

Cheers guys

Dan

Don't know! Don't think it's ever been changed and it's an 06. I've been reading a lot of posts in the USA and they're complaining of the same symptoms but some are slave some are master. In the USA they do rebuild kits for both,

But I don't think they do them in the UK. Also the newer fluid was a lot cleaner, it's just all in the same bottle as the really dark stuff.