Headlight Problem

ddcboyle

Hey, bit of an issue with my headlights

So, my passenger side headlight and sidelight were out. This has happened before, and just went back on after a few days, so i presumed it had something to do with the connections. It isnt the bulbs. The full beam and indicators still work, just the side and headlight.

Anyway, me and my mate took the bumper off to have a look at the passenger headlight, and recognised it was cracked slightly, and there was water over the headlight connections for the ballast (i think its that, looks like a battery box on the headlight).

So we took the ballast off, gave it a wipe down to dry it up. Put it back together and on the car, still didnt work.

We tried the driver headlight on the passenger side (to make sure it wasnt the cars connections) and it worked

We then tried the ballast from the drivers side onto passengers headlight unit, and it didnt work

We then put the ballast from the drivers side... back into the drivers headlight unit, and that didnt work..

Now i have 2 headlights that dont work. Any ideas???

So far, all ive gathered is... The cars electronics are fine.. its something to do with the ballast?