Ebay

Jetpilot

Does anyone else advertise things with ebay and get a plethora of questions but then none of those people who asked actually bid, even when you give them the answer they want??

Seems to happen a lot of late, even on simple self descriptive random items :)

• Like 1

I sold a copy of FIFA 14 on the Xbox 360 for about £27, sent by First Class Royal Mail (not recorded!), and the guy is claiming not to have received it. I posted it last Monday 30th and he is demanding a refund. Any tips about what I should do?

Did you write a good advert with all the necessaries in the first place ;)

Yes, hence my post ;) and still doesnt explain why people that ask the questions dont bid ;)

Same as Dblock mentions about watchers, i had a Lexus Soarer on there a few years ago, was getting 100 page views a day and had 72 watchers by the end, not one bid :surrender: and it was cheap.

Edited by Jetpilot

I also find that watches mean nothing. They rarely bid. Also you can't leave negative feedback as a seller now. So stupid.

It is a bit silly, but it does mean that buyers can leave negative feedback, if warranted, without the worry of getting negative back. It happened me before, I left negative feedback for a bad seller and got a negative back, even though I paid instantly in full which is all I can do.

I sold a copy of FIFA 14 on the Xbox 360 for about £27, sent by First Class Royal Mail (not recorded!), and the guy is claiming not to have received it. I posted it last Monday 30th and he is demanding a refund. Any tips about what I should do?

Really should have sent recorded, especially around Xmas where packages go missing all the time.

Sorry to say you are stuffed. Only a recorded postage option will stand up if he makes a claim against you - unless he has a history of doing this in which case you have a slim chance.

It's not fair but some people just wait for this sort of thing so they can take advantage. Alternatively he may be telling the truth although I have to say I post loads and it's over the years only 2 things have gone missing.

Edited by Toon Chris

eBay...I won a item today to be emailed by the seller to tell me it is no longer available

as he ended the listing early..!!! In that case how come I got a "You have won this item please pay now from eBay..!

He does not want to send it as it did not reach as much as he thought...!! :surrender: :surrender:

eBay...I won a item today to be emailed by the seller to tell me it is no longer available

as he ended the listing early..!!! In that case how come I got a "You have won this item please pay now from eBay..!

He does not want to send it as it did not reach as much as he thought...!! :surrender: :surrender:

Far to much of that going on these days, you should report him to eBay. Not that its likely to do you any good!

• Like 1

Presuming as it was won, you can leave bad feedback, which you should :)

• Like 1

Presuming as it was won, you can leave bad feedback, which you should :)

I would prefer to have the item, but I'm sure they wont send it.. :angry:

I've been using eBay to sell items for years and it's been getting worse year by year. So many con artists, untrustworthy people and dam right thieving scum on there nowadays.

Also I'm finding a lot of it is happening to me by foreign named people living in Britain who have tried to rob me in one way or another. :angry:

• Like 1

I've been using eBay to sell items for years and it's been getting worse year by year. So many con artists, untrustworthy people and dam right thieving scum on there nowadays.

Also I'm finding a lot of it is happening to me by foreign named people living in Britain who have tried to rob me in one way or another. :angry:

My bad experiences have been 60% with Brits I would say.

Do you have proof of postage from the Post Office?

I also find that watches mean nothing. They rarely bid. Also you can't leave negative feedback as a seller now. So stupid.

It is a bit silly, but it does mean that buyers can leave negative feedback, if warranted, without the worry of getting negative back. It happened me before, I left negative feedback for a bad seller and got a negative back, even though I paid instantly in full which is all I can do.

Really should have sent recorded, especially around Xmas where packages go missing all the time.

Sorry to say you are stuffed. Only a recorded postage option will stand up if he makes a claim against you - unless he has a history of doing this in which case you have a slim chance.

It's not fair but some people just wait for this sort of thing so they can take advantage. Alternatively he may be telling the truth although I have to say I post loads and it's over the years only 2 things have gone missing.

Nope, I got someone to post it for me because I was too busy with work. Thought this might be the case, first time it's happened in 9 years so ah well! Thanks all

Do you have proof of postage from the Post Office?

Nope, I got someone to post it for me because I was too busy with work. Thought this might be the case, first time it's happened in 9 years so ah well! Thanks all

Stinker mate, its a shame its happened but look at it the other way Its only £27 and not a few hundred. Lesson learned the hard way I'm afraid, at least you won't do it again.

Trying selling an Iphone 5s No matter how clear and specific you are, the typical way it goes is you get a bunch of stupid questions e.g "will you end the auction for £150 followed by some melon who wins the auction and then fails to pay. Nightmare!

Trying selling an Iphone 5s No matter how clear and specific you are, the typical way it goes is you get a bunch of stupid questions e.g "will you end the auction for £150 followed by some melon who wins the auction and then fails to pay. Nightmare!

Some people where selling iphone 5's for £400 etc and then only sending a box as the phone wasn't in the description.,

Some people where selling iphone 5's for £400 etc and then only sending a box as the phone wasn't in the description.,

Don't forget you have their address from your pay pal transaction..!! :surrender:

Isn't royal mails and others cover you for like £20 anyway without paying anything extra? If you refund them £27, might be worth to check if you get anything back from Royal Mail if you still got receipts?