Footwell lights

chirag1988

I'm looking to add amber footwell lights to my Z and want them to come on with my sidelights. In my other car it was simple to wire it straight into the switch but I'm not sure where to wire it in with the Z. Has anyone done this before and if so is there a guide?

added a switch to my set up so I can turn them off a night whilst driving.Used the led strip lighting and wired into the 12v power socket via the switch for use,

That's the alternative method I was thinking of as I've got a blank space next to my heated seats switches. How can I access the 12v power socket to feed off its power?

added a switch to my set up so I can turn them off a night whilst driving.Used the led strip lighting and wired into the 12v power socket via the switch for use,

That's the alternative method I was thinking of as I've got a blank space next to my heated seats switches. How can I access the 12v power socket to feed off its power?

You can get a 12v supply right behind the heater switches via the cigarette lighter socket.

You can get a 12v supply right behind the heater switches via the cigarette lighter socket.

I don't have a cigarette lighter socket where my heated seat switches are. I've got a cigarette lighter socket by the passenger footwell but haven't tried to see what access is like. Just thinking what would be easier, linking straight into sidelights or via its own switch?

I don't have a cigarette lighter socket where my heated seat switches are. I've got a cigarette lighter socket by the passenger footwell but haven't tried to see what access is like. Just thinking what would be easier, linking straight into sidelights or via its own switch?

Well it not "right" behind the switches, its on the rear panel behind you where al the cubby holes are.