MOT at Halfords

Dashurik

It's an MOT so can't imagine there any different from anywhere else tbh. Good price for sure.

I just use my local independent garage though as I trust him. ;)

NB: One thing to check at any garage you take the Zed to for an MOT ~ make sure they do not put the Zed on rollers to check the brakes as this can damage the diff. Needs a decelerometer to test it safely. :thumbs:

• Like 1

It's an MOT so can't imagine there any different from anywhere else tbh. Good price for sure.

NB: One thing to check at any garage you take the Zed to for an MOT ~ make sure they do not put the Zed on rollers to check the brakes as this can damage the diff. Needs a decelerometer to test it safely. :thumbs:

Thx...

I just worried about my lights all round the car..They have lamin-x film on them,subtle one.Im reading its road legal but not sure if Halfords ok with it..

:lol: FAIL :lol:FAIL :lol: FAIL :lol: Please spend £300 with us and we will fix it.. :lol:.

Wouldn't get Halfords to top up my washer bottle...!! :scare: :scare:

That's what I'm worried about! I probably should give a try to Fast MOT in E8 ,London.Longer drive but looks like a trusted garage.Anybody can recommend mot centre in NW LOndon?

I've used my local halfords autocentre for MOTs (not on the zed) as it's just down the road from work and they have always been fine.

They pointed out my dads brake pads could need replacing soon at his last MOT there but they didn't want to change them yet.

Didn't know that! Useful

Heres a nice story about Halfords.

To change a side light bulb on my X5 takes BMW take about 30 mins at £80 per hour as you have to remove

the headlight and surround.

Halford's don't know what's involved and will spend an hour doing it for £4.50.....RESULT.. :lol: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I used to work at Halfords as an audio fitter (along time ago in the good old days). I can safely say the garage is essentially a different company. It used to be nationwide auto centre before Halfords took them over.

However, more recently I had a family get an mot there, and I can safely say DO NOT GO THERE. I would rather pay £40 with an honest company.

Obviously this is only my experience of the ring wood road, Poole branch. They tried telling my grandad that his discs needed replacing as they were an mot failure. They were consequently passed at another garage (the one I go to for £40). That's with no favours, just an honest garage. I wouldn't trust them, but that's my experience

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with halford mot. Used to be a trusted garage now they are halfords but same staff.

"Used to be a trusted garage"...but is it still a trusted garage...??? :shrug: :shrug:

Did you read the rest of the post? Same staff. They know their stuff. By saying oh its halfords isn't fair on those mechanics many years of experience IMO.

Didn't know that! Useful

Glad it helped HAMLNJ. ;)

Have a read through this for more info; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63942-mot-road-brake-test/ :thumbs:

• Like 1

If you stay with your car and its just an MOT then fine.

The Autocentre near us is aweful with a string of issues I'd rather not go into as we had to write a report for one customer who used them.

It's all dependant on the quality of staff and these quickly quickly centres just dont have the time to do a job properly, needles to say I don't think this will attract any super star mechanics. All my own personal opinion though :thumbs:

Edited by R35LEE