Le Mans and anything nearby?

Stutopia

On the way back from Barca now. Stopped in Bordeaux and tomorrow heading to Le Mans and Rouen, is it worth hitting Le Mans when there's no racing on? Anything to see anyone can recommend? I don't know the area so links would be ace, there any good photos ops and historic sites? Any other driving roads around Northern France whilst I'm here?

Thanks gang.

You can drive a lot of the circuit from the Mulsanne straight down to the Porsche Curves, and definitely try and visit the museum there: It's the best I've ever been to, much better than any in the UK. You can grab a sneaky pic of your car in front of the main gate too if you don't mind being cheeky ;)

Don't forget to do the Normandy beaches over everything else (LM included) if you have time. No matter what time of year, they're breathtakingly emotional.

• Like 1

Yes as Ekona said you can drive at least 70% of the circuit, and there is always some team testing on the Bugatti circuit

which is the rest of it, Museum is great, also go to the cafe on the Mulsanne straight for lunch. or if you have a few bob

go to lunch at the golf club at the end of the Mulsanne, non members welcome. Enjoy. :thumbs:

Top tip fellas, big thanks. The museum was amazeballz and we got to drive around the place for 3 euro and take some snaps, bargain. Can't wait to get back on it on Gran Turismo. :) couple of quick snaps.

image_zps56bd2e3a.jpg

image_zps938ba36d.jpg

image_zps00d3650d.jpg

image_zps9436b0f9.jpg

Proper photos are on my camera. Sadly no time to get up to the beaches, but they are already earmarked for another battlefields road trip.

Think I'll be in touch with Dan if we drive down to south of France again next year to get the low down on the Normandy beaches, always wanted to do that.

You really should mate, I know I bang on about it but it's such a powerful area to visit. You'd love it.

• Like 1

Think I'll be in touch with Dan if we drive down to south of France again next year to get the low down on the Normandy beaches, always wanted to do that.

You really should mate, I know I bang on about it but it's such a powerful area to visit. You'd love it.

My Grandfather spend a while there during the War... :scare: :scare: