What are your New Year Resolutions and why in 2014. ???

WhackyWill

I'm not going to give anything up.

Today a very close friends father passed away at a young age. This has made me think more about how important everyday is with family.

My resolution is to spend more time and thought for my family and do everything I can with my time here to show them how important they are to me.

• Like 9

Sorry to hear that Neil. I found out on Boxing Day that a friend of mine (he's 55) has incurable bone cancer so I'm much of the same mind as you :surrender:

My friends father was in his 40's. Similar disease got him. Absolutely fantastic man and an inspiration! Absolutely gutting!

• Like 1

Don't normally make resolutions but for me it would be to Take more road trips :)

Sorry to hear thata Neil, completely understand and it gives you a different perspective on what's important and that life can be too short and you have enjoy it with your friends and family all you can.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your news NeilP and Graham.

I don't normally believe in New Year Resolutions because why wait?

However....my wife already had a recurrence of the issues with her spine (housebound since September). She had just had a steroid epidural and was about to restart physio when......she got a severe infection which then made it into her kidneys and bloodstream. She was taken into hospital on Christmas Day and has been there since on intravenous antibiotics.

Anyway... she now appears to be on the mend. My New Years Resolution is somehow to help her get back to where she was in the summer, which is the best she had been in 20 years. She will always be restricted but she had got to about 50% of a normal life - which was plenty good enough for both of us. One thing she could do then, with little restriction, was swimming. So when she gets back to the 210 lengths a week she was doing in August my resolution will be have been achieved.

Will - bet you are glad you asked!

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your news NeilP and Graham.

I don't normally believe in New Year Resolutions because why wait?

However....my wife already had a recurrence of the issues with her spine (housebound since September). She had just had a steroid epidural and was about to restart physio when......she got a severe infection which then made it into her kidneys and bloodstream. She was taken into hospital on Christmas Day and has been there since on intravenous antibiotics.

Anyway... she now appears to be on the mend. My New Years Resolution is somehow to help her get back to where she was in the summer, which is the best she had been in 20 years. She will always be restricted but she had got to about 50% of a normal life - which was plenty good enough for both of us. One thing she could do then, with little restriction, was swimming. So when she gets back to the 210 lengths a week she was doing in August my resolution will be have been achieved.

Will - bet you are glad you asked!

Sorry to hear your wife is not well, wishing her a speedy recovery.

and hope everything goes well for you both in 2014.

• Like 1

Win the lottery, buy about half a dozen of Nismo 2015 GTRs for some members in here and pay for track days and fuel for all of them :lol:

Also do the Transfagarasan and Transalpina together :D

:cloud9:

If I still have anything left, buy some land, build a big house with several pits and build a 2-3 miles long track around it :lol:

Edited by octet
  • Like 2

Win the lottery, buy about half a dozen of Nismo 2015 GTRs for some members in here and pay for track days and fuel for all of them :lol:

If I still have anything left, buy some land, build a big house with several pits and build a 2-3 miles long track around it :lol:

My old mate Klaus did that in Spain and also bought a car company called Ascari Cars..!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

:teeth::hug:

aww geee

Zed wise: invidia exaust and Berks hfc,plenum spacer and do remap.Refurb seats,soundproof interiour(have custom ice installed already).Full car respray...

Life wise: get another £100k for investment purposes,so I can give up my current job which I don't enjoy.

Happy New Year everybody and let your wishes come true!