Mrev2 and plenum spacer info

Jrochester

Hi guys been looking at alot of posts and what people saying bout the non rev up and rev up 06 engine i have a 06 rev up and was looking at getting a plenum spacer but been told i dont need it its designed for the non rev up and i need a manifold called MREV2 but i dont get it some say my engine needs a manifold like the non rev up which is taller could i not just save my money and get a manifold of a non rev up

Also does any one know what tuning the 05 plate rev up gran turismo 4 edition has they look like there 340bhp out the factory

Cheers

The GT4 is 296BHP from the factory. Something different with the timing, higher redline and intake manifold I think, but someone more knowledgable will be along with the full story. I'm not sure about the spacer deal on 06's either, but have heard something about the MREV2. i think you need the MREV2 to get the benefits from the spacer.

For the rev up engine(2005 GT4 edition and 2006-2007 cars) the manifold was designed with shorter runners for more power 296 vs 276 but a the expense of low down and peak torque. The solutions for this was from:

-Motordyne:

MREV2 which is a specifically reprofiled DE lower plenum.

Both engine variants require spacers to address the inherent design flaw which slightly starves the front runners of air.

- Spacers:

Motordyne

AAM

Blox

Wasso

H-Dev

Skunk 2 racing amongst others

Taller upper plenum:

Kinetix

APS

Crawford etc

Complete plenum solutions for both cars are:

- cosworth

- kinetix SSV V2( V1 had poor weldmanship and the runners where designed without Venturi bells for better airflow. All fixed with the V2)

I suspect if you reprofile the revup lower manifold it will address the power loss from starving the front runners but you will still have less torque than the DE as this is inherent with shorter runners.

I have my GT4 lower plenum going cheap if you want to have a go at modifying it saving yours if it went tits up😉

Edited by GT4 Zed

If you have a revup you'll need the mrev2 and 5 16th motordyne spacer that should get you around 20bhp and 25lb ft. Quite a proven good mod for the revup

The mrev2 gives gains on a DE aswell just not much, the motordyne spacer netted me 13bhp, Id like an mrev2 for mine but for another 5ish bhp its alot of money to spend

Sorry to hijack this post but it is in relation to what was asked. I have a bog standard 2005 zed. So that has the DE engine? ( i'm new to this ) so what kind of options do I have to squeeze a few more ponies out of it in regard to the plenum?

Providing its not a GT4 edition, a simple plenum spacer from Wasso or Motordyne is what you're looking for :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack this post but it is in relation to what was asked. I have a bog standard 2005 zed. So that has the DE engine? ( i'm new to this ) so what kind of options do I have to squeeze a few more ponies out of it in regard to the plenum?

Providing its not a GT4 edition, a simple plenum spacer from Wasso or Motordyne is what you're looking for :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply! what kind of power hike is to be expected from putting a plenum spacer in?

After a remap I would expect to see 5-10 bhp, any more than that would be a bonus.

Edit: 5-10 bhp on top of the original remap is what I mean. I would expect to see about double that with a remap on a stock motor.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1