Wanted 350z any condition considered £3500

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

" £3500 Tarmac!! You won't get one that cheap.."

Not wanting to burst your bubbles but yeah I know of 3 gone for around that this year..

But don't worry, I'm not after a pristine example, on the contrary, this will be a kind of gift and investment at the same time. I will shed more light on it throughout the year. ;)

Soo, if anyone has a 350z they want a quick cash sale on and don't want to spend £1500 on faults that might make it worth the £5k they think its worth or been offered a silly trade in figure or "we buy any car "quote then give me a holler.

Like I say anything considered as long as its engines running

CAT C, CAT D, Recently damaged, High miles, Import, LHD

Just drop me a pm

Chris

Consider cat A & B as well?

If so, I'll keep an eye out for you mate :thumbs:

You'll struggle with A and B.

Insurance Loss Categories - Quick reference

* Category A - Must be crushed. All of it.

* Category B - Vehicle may not be returned to road but parts may be sold.

* Category C - Repairable. Significant damage. Cost of the repair is more than book value of vehicle at dealer rates.

* Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.

* Category X - Repairable. Minor Damage

Cats A & B can be put back on the road, just like C & D. Just needs VIC and MOT, same as Cat C. Doesn't have to be crushed if A or B, the owner can still retain the vehicle after the insurer has made the call on the categorisation. :thumbs:

Might open the market up a little? Just a thought.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? We all know the government lies about many things, however in this case they're not saying for one minute that you cannot put A or B cars back on the road.

http://www.honestjoh.../2010-10/cat-b/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_check

http://www.pistonhea...c.asp?t=1339786

The second link may be from wiki so usually of dubious fact, but that's ripped straight from the DVLA/VOSA website. Honest John agrees, there is no legal reason you cannot put a Cat A or B on the roads. It doesn't matter what category the insurer apply to it, it remains your car and a VIC is enough to get a V5 issued, then just an MOT gets you back on the road. The PH link has knowledgeable folks discussing it there too. If you still need further proof, feel free to contact the DVLA and VOSA. It's illegal for a scrappy to sell you a Cat A or B, but not illegal for you to buy and do as you please.

I used to think the same as you did tbh, but then a mate of mine clued me up as he was looking into buying a Cat B MX5. Just because an insurer marks a car as A or B, doesn't stop the car being yours and if there is no payout, you are free to do what you wish with the car. No different from C or D, it's just that it's very rare to find as insurers only usually classify stuff as A or B if there's practically zero chance of a repair ever being made. Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes sometimes though ;)

Anyway, enough thread derailment, I just thought it might be worth looking out for utter bargain Cat Bs for Tarmac too.