One for Will

brillomaster

Spotted a car to take our trackday driving to the next level next year - i think we're doing quite well with BMW power, but need something thats a little more suited to track work, a bit stiffer with a bit more grunt.

i was thinking a bid of maybe £700-800 on this ought to do it, what do you reckon? :thumbs:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29106

• Like 1

Should make about £5 mill, will probably go to a museum like the Donnington Collection,

but I doubt they can afford it. maybe my old mate Klaus Zwaart (he ownes Ascari Cars)

might buy it for his private track in Spain to go with his Benetton F1 Collection..Oh ! to be a Billionaire.. :yahoo:

Edited by WhackyWill

• 2 weeks later...

Should make about £5 mill, will probably go to a museum like the Donnington Collection,

but I doubt they can afford it. maybe my old mate Klaus Zwaart (he ownes Ascari Cars)

might buy it for his private track in Spain to go with his Benetton F1 Collection..Oh ! to be a Billionaire.. :yahoo:

A good buddy of mine worked for Klaus at Ascari, well a couple actually, did you work there too?

A good buddy of mine worked for Klaus at Ascari, well a couple actually, did you work there too?

No' I know Klaus from when he ran the Benetton F1 in the Euroboss Series, we ran a Lola T332 F5000 in the same series. :thumbs:

Apparently one hell of a character :) I have some excellent stories of his eccentricity :)

Completely bonkers and very rich..!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Not sure very rich cuts it, lol !!

A little story, apparently BMW got funny about the quota of m5 engines he was or wasnt buying for the Ascaris, he wanted to buy 2, they said 3, 3 agreed, they then said 5, he agreed, they then said no 10. The manager was then sent out to buy 5 brand new M5's, engines etc were stripped and the remains sat rotting in the factory car park!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently one hell of a character :) I have some excellent stories of his eccentricity :)

Completely bonkers and very rich..!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Not sure very rich cuts it, lol !!

A little story, apparently BMW got funny about the quota of m5 engines he was or wasnt buying for the Ascaris, he wanted to buy 2, they said 3, 3 agreed, they then said 5, he agreed, they then said no 10. The manager was then sent out to buy 5 brand new M5's, engines etc were stripped and the remains sat rotting in the factory car park!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised.

He bought the complete Benetton F1 Team and then badged the cars as Ascari F1s..!! :thumbs: