handbreak light under heavy braking

Spatt

thought i would see just how good these brembo brakes are on my new car.. kinda to find the limit of grip when braking and as i was slowing i noticed the exclamation red light (Handbrake on) light come on.. when the car came to a stop it went off.. is this normal?

the car stopped fine and i was very impressed but i wouldn't wont to run into a problem stopping at that speed

Yeah its low.. not much but below the max mark. Do I need o worry about this? Its due service v soon do they swap this out and refresh on a p3 service?

If not... point me to a supplier of break fluid please

Something you can top up yourself - any number of traders on here can supply.

Probably just a case of fluid going down with pad wear, but keep an eye on it just to make sure there are no leaks.

Might like to check back through the service docs to see when the fluid was last changed but if it is looking on the dark side would suggest a change is necessary, something I would do if I had any doubts as to its effectiveness. At my last service I had Hel lines and Motul Racing brake fluid added - certainly notice better inital 'bite' but yet to fully test under hard prolonged braking. :)

They would have had to at least top it up when changing the lines as you lose a fair amount of fluid and they also need bleeding. They might not have fully flushed new fluid through though.

With uprated lines and disks etc go for a decent high boiling point fluid, such as Motul RBF600 or ATE Superblue to get the most out of them.