Buying a 350z in NI

mr2run

Hi there, I am new to this forum as I am in the process of buying a 350z in Northern Island.

I was just wondering, does anyone know the procedure of bringing a car to the UK from NI?

Will I be able to drive it home? How would I insure it if I could?

Thanks in advance

Bringing a car here to NI is simples, buy it and stick it on a ferry :D Because of the difference in driving agencies, you may have to tell the DVLA that you brought a car from a DVA jurisdiction to theirs but I'm not really sure TBH. Plenty of cars here with mainland plates, so I assume theres no need to change that when you get it back.

Just insure it as normal, theres no difference to driving in NI or the mainland :)

Where a bouts are you buying from by the way? Got a link?

I don't have a link because it is a friend of mine who is selling and I have not let him advertise it :p

Do I need to register with DVLA before driving back home? Or would I be able to register with the DVLA when I have bought it back and it is in my driveway?

Thanks

From what I understand the MOT in NI will not be valid in england but if I book a test beforehand then it will be ok to drive back.

I think the tax should be ok.

When insuring, when the insurance company ask me for the registration plate, are they going to be able to find the car from the number plate?