Once upon a time in the Land of ZED, the iBishop...

Adrian@TORQEN

Once upon a time, there was an iBishop who, in spite of living in a very tiny small village in Worcester, had a little farm where he held 450 ponies in his stables. These ponies used to be called the "350z".

One day, the iBishop called upon his best friends iFabricate and iRomania and decided to remove the pumpkin from his 350z in order to change it to 1.5 Way.

2013-12-10_09-16-06.jpeg

They then drained the oil from the pumpkin

2013-12-10_09-19-25.jpeg

and built a special workbench for it

2013-12-10_09-21-29.jpeg

Inside the pumpkin there as very beautiful metal core that had the magical power of locking on acceleration and deceleration :lol:

2013-12-10_09-23-54-1.jpeg

2013-12-10_09-30-15.jpeg

The iBishop, iRomania and iFrabricate ( aka iSleepy) were very curious to see what's inside the magical core and decided it is time to crack it open :lol: They first removed the final drive

2013-12-10_09-31-20.jpeg

and then they open it to get to the clutches

2013-12-10_09-34-16.jpeg

2013-12-10_09-35-00.jpeg

At that very special moment, the iBishop made some special prayers to the gods of RedLine, sacrificing some Smurf Blood :scare:

2013-12-10_09-37-12.jpeg

2013-12-10_09-37-56.jpeg

Well, to cut the story short, after 4 hours of trying to set the diff to 1.5way, the iRomania went on to the manufacturer website here http://www.cuscousai...6&modelname=485 and found out that the diff the iBishop had didn't do the 1.5way, but only 1 and 2 way, so we had to set it at 2way with 60% lock if I'm not mistaken.

A very nice guide available here: http://www.motoiq.co...sco-RS-LSD.aspx

The three friends left the magical land of RT Performance close to midnight and shall return there soon, but that's another story.

Happy ending.

:stir:

Edited by octet

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a nice edit of the real story!!! You did well to remove the cursing, bitching and frustration that we all felt until we realized that fecking diff was only a 1way - 2way diff rather than the 1.5 -2way I was told it was!

Anyway, as usual we always overcome all obstacles and challenges and without you guys by my side I wouldn't have attempted it in the first place. We compliment each other so well. Thanks chaps :claps:

What's next? Built VQ35DE revup swap :ninja:

Ps. Looks like I will be changing my name to isideways with this 2 way diff.

Ps2. No smurfs was child in the making of this programme :D

Has anyone seen papa smurf BTW? :lol:

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 3

What a nice edit of the real story!!! You did well to remove the cursing, bitching and frustration that we all felt until we realized that fecking diff was only a 1way - 2way diff rather than the 1.5 -2way I was told it was!

If only you had listened to me the first time we put it back together "look Bishop it doesn't fit this way, there is not enough room for the clutch to operate!"

Remember do as I say not as I do lol

Give me a break guys! The seller said it was a 1.5way diff so why do I have to think its not? TBH reading the manual it would appear the same diff can be configured in 1, 1.5 or 2way until we saw that they were only sold to be configurable in one of two ways.

All I wanted was to reduce the preload and locking but set at 1.5way and in the end I settled for 2way as it it obvious that 1way creates to much under steer on track I was not happy with. You would have all done the same so no finger pointing here rather celebrate the cohesive strength of our combined abilities.

BTW I just realized most folks here would have a clue of what we are talking about as this is not the usual build or mods thread :lol:

Edited by GT4 Zed

Best place for the friggin dif

IMG_3497.jpg

Yes Bennet it's in the BIN! Shame you won't fit in there too :lol:

IMG_3496.jpg

Only Joking :hug:

Re-arranging the clutch plates to allow good oil flow was a fun game

IMG_3501.jpg

I thought I was Wafting up there for a mac lesson :wacko:

Edited by Darren-B

Anyway, as usual we always overcome all obstacles and challenges and without you guys by my side I wouldn't have attempted it in the first place. We compliment each other so well. Thanks chaps :claps:

What's next? Built VQ35DE revup swap :ninja:

Ps. Looks like I will be changing my name to isideways with this 2 way diff.

Ps2. No smurfs was child in the making of this programme :D

Has anyone seen papa smurf BTW? :lol:

Chill bro, it's all cool

images.jpg