Blown engine any one?

Keyser

Hope everyone is well, I know I'm not about much at the moment but I'm still helping out a few members where I can and I happen to have this so ......

Just a quick feeler thread before I strip this down, I have a 350z VQ35DE engine with what is expected to be a blown bottom end :scare:

The mechanic that removed it said it sounds like bottom end has COMPLETELY gone!

Before I strip it and get the nice (read still serviceable) bits off it is anyone planning on doing a built engine and wanting a base to start from?

Let me know or it's getting stripped :)

PS I have a spare crank for a VQ in the shed (doesn't everyone? :p )

Hope you don't mind the idiot question but what does "a blown bottom end" actually mean?

It means the top end is ok. :lol:

Also we'd like to see pics and user name with "blown bottom end" :lol:

actually made me laugh out loud! :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

OK This is going well :lol:

@ Wizurd - Blown bottom end means - No oil and the Big end bearings have been turned into metal shavings and thrown round the engine - it also gives a lovely rattling noise when revved - if you continue to drive you may even get it to blow up :)

@ Wasso Pics to follow but here is a boring one

IMAG0389_zps07f54ec5.jpg

But I'm sure SMD will supply a better pic when he reads this :thumbs:

@ Attak Z Love this "think the opposite it a blown top end which translates as soggy saddlebags"

£5 says that Keyser has a new glass topped VQ35DE engine shaped coffee tablle very soon.... :p

I have a spare block already this one should be to good for that be good for a rebore and some forged pistons :thumbs:

[subliminal message]

Orange Seats

[/subliminal message]

I still hate secrets :wacko:

For some obscure reason, Chris seems to be under the impression that I like the colour orange, no idea why :shrug:

He also has a 'spare' pair of orange seats....

• Like 1