BLowing back box

maddog1982

Most people that weld end up replacing within a year from what I have seen, if you dont have the cash handy, get it welded and save up for a decent aftermarket unit. Don't by the 'infinity' branded tat off ebay for 200 quid or whatever, if you want a budget unit spend the extra to get a scorpion or cobra back box.

Most people that weld end up replacing within a year from what I have seen, if you dont have the cash handy, get it welded and save up for a decent aftermarket unit. Don't by the 'infinity' branded tat off ebay for 200 quid or whatever, if you want a budget unit spend the extra to get a scorpion or cobra back box.

+1 what he said.

When I first bought my Zed I had to have that section of piping replaced by Nissan (Lucky it was done on warranty).

It gets a lot of abuse through thermal expansion and contraction, combined with road filth, much, salt etc. The flange goes then the exhaust blows.

+1 :thumbs:

Cheapest option would be to buy some exhaust paste from Halfords and seal up the blow hole if it's not too big. This is only a very temporary fix though and won't last long. Welding your current exhaust is the next option but again won't last that long as others have said. Imo I'd stay clear of cheap eBay exhausts but that's up to you.

If it was me, which it was about a week ago (my backbox was blowing in the same place), I'd get a full stainless steel exhaust system as it will last longer than the car itself and no more worries then. Obviously though that does mean spending some "big" cash but if your planning on keeping the Zed for any length of time then it's a worth while investment imo & will sound much better too. B)

I'm getting mine from Tarmac Sportz ~ have a look if anythings in your price range is my advice; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=32850911-9f8a-43e4-a5fc-24678e254d1d ;)