Was I mad?? No way!!

YHTM

:yahoo:

Well I have done it and now own an 05 import Black 350 Roadster and an 03 BMW 330 Convertible, driven both today and the BM will def be going!!

Nearly all fell through though so I was glad I didn't do a Nixy countdown as it could have been a bit embarrassing. I cocked up the 'bridging' loan I needed as I didn't get both account signatories on the forms on Friday so ended up scrabbling about with credit cards and savings and walking out the bank with £19,000 cash in a brown envelope! Had arranged a drink with a friend and spent the evening staring out of the window at a £20k car with £20k cash in it wondering how the hell I would explain financial ruin if it got nicked - but in south london it was safer there than in the pub!!

On the journey up to Northallerton even the grannies on the flying scotsman looked potential muggers - I have never held a bag so tightly.

Arrived at JC Imports to see the car outside looking even better in the flesh. Had a good look around and took it for a drive through the flooded North Yorks countryside with the roof down - i was sold and wouldnt be clutching that damn cash all the way back home again. The cash was counted - thank god it was all there as I gave up counting in the bank for fear of being mugged before I had even got out of the door.

The A5 was only a mile away so I was soon testing whether the delimiting had been carried out - it had!!! I then realised, perhaps a little late, that I hadn't confirmed the insurance following a couple of quotes I had got. RAC at £650 was the best although I am still trying to knock Churchill down a bit more towards that figure.

The 250 miles back home was a great test for the car's capabilities, it is in absolutely stunning condition and although has done 7k miles it looks, feels and smells brand new - with JC Imports providing a year's warranty through Warranty Works I don't think I can really go wrong.

Took me 20 minutes to get it in the garage - well it took me 5 to get it in but another 15 to work out how to get it in so that I could get out! Eventually sorted it and slept soundly.

Today was an opportunity to show it off, it became evident that this car will get far more looks and interest than the BM. That is an auto, I haven't owned a manual car for 10 years, Sarnie convinced me to go geared with the Z and he was right - so much more responsive and immediate and easy, natural changing. Well impressed that despite 6 gears there is not excessive gear changing - it drives quite happily at lower speeds in 5th and didn't really use 3/4 when changing down, not sure if that is advisable?

Athough I love the BM this is a different experience again and I am so pleased I made the decision, would like to keep both but as I am about to buy a cheap estate to cart stuff around I can't really justify 3 cars!!

Hope I won't be boring you with idiot questions but without a drivers manual I have no idea about some of the controls - eg. what's the little switch to the right of the instrument panel for??

I will post some pics asap but failed miserably last time so need pointing to a guide, I have signed up to photobox.

I'm already working out what I can change/add but need to move my sat nav out of the bm into the Z first.

Thanks to everyone who regularly contribute to this site, your enthusiasm and knowledge has converted another!!!

:D

Another Sarnie recruit!!!! :yahoo: I really must stop harrassing newbies late at night, it keeps costing them money!!!!! :lol:

Good woork mate, look forward to seeing the pics!!! B) All you need now is rims, zorst, stubby aerial, intake......................... :lol:

Congrats chap, and welcome :teeth:

Another Sarnie recruit!!!! :yahoo: I really must stop harrassing newbies late at night, it keeps costing them money!!!!! :lol:

Good woork mate, look forward to seeing the pics!!! B) All you need now is rims, zorst, stubby aerial, intake......................... :lol:

Are you on commision for these guys or what? I dont beleive your new business is paying for the lambo, its all these new guys you're whoring :p

Congrats chap, and welcome :teeth:

Are you on commision for these guys or what? I dont beleive your new business is paying for the lambo, its all these new guys you're whoring :p

I bloody should be, thats at least 3 newbies I've coherced into buying a zed! B)

Pics will be posted when I can work out how to do it! I am actually IT literate but can't work this out.

I have set up a photobox album and saved some fotos to there in a public album.

I clicked on image and then copied and pasted the relevant photobox foto link inbetween album_photo.html?c_photo=1321546389

that didnt work last time :help:

saving the decent pics of it for when some bugger tells me what I am doing wrong!!!

you havent put the full adress of the photo between the img markers

http://img3011.photobox.co.uk/53014939f ... 994d0e.jpg

you get this from the properties of the image

you put

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_p ... 1321546389

sorry if this isnt clear as I am a total numpty with computers (down to my advancing years :blush: )

53014939f2209973e6fdd9d8e3c6a3604b15c478bb2586e2be1862777105339d0f994d0e.jpg

37549423464ff1c33fac517d3597ca1c8bd9e51d8ff674ef7b627e14.jpg

right lets see if that works!! Keeping the car theme for the test - that's my mum with the first family car in about 1958 I think - sadly I can remember it - but only just - pyschologists amongst you may well now discuss why I may have bought a Z!