Help Fitting LED Rear Lights,

WhackyWill

THREAD RESURRECTION!!!

I've ordered new LED lights to go on my JDM Z, they're not here yet but I took my existing ones off tonight to investigate the connectors and take a few pics.

Have I got this right? You shave the tabs on the connector on the car? Not the LED light connector?

I stole Rodge's pic for the 'end product' thing below... If I'm wrong please correct me and I'll remake it so we can have it as a guide for electrical retards like myself :blush:

FittingLEDrears1.jpg

The ones Alex and I presume now Clarks sell are straight plug and play, however I got a set off a HR and they required the tabs shaved on the cars plug.

I think they changed the connector on the HR and that's why the ones Alex/Clarks fit without any hassle as they're 06 spec.

Yes, I think the shape of the connector changed in 07 for some reason, despite the same light being used in 06.

The only reason I think this is because many people have bought the LEDs from Alex in the past and they've fitted with zero alterations to their DE's. Whereas I bought mine from Abbey who were breaking a HR and the plug tabs were the other way round and therefore required shaving.

Either way, when they arrive it'll only take you an extra 5 minutes per side to file down the tabs that you've circled. :)

• Like 1