Driving Holiday booked.

Kennydies

about the car:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006-ford-s ... eiled.html

Airport Pick up locations:

Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California; Denver, Colorado; Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida; Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii, and Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition, the car will be available in Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington.

Hertz Fun Collection List:

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/specialo ... Category=W

I just booked a driving holiday across the states for 2 weeks.

We are Hiring a Ford Shelby 5.4L V8 but I did notice you can hire a 350z...

Should be great fun....

Hey Kenny,

I'm doing the same! Can't do two weeks or more due to my mate I'm going with but doing about 10 days. My plan is starting off with the Mustang convertible, then changing to a Corvette Convertible for a couple of days with the Shelby for a few days! :yahoo:

Think we will be doing LA, San Diego, Vegas and San Fran etc. With some fun and sights in between! :thumbs:

Anyway all booked so fly over on the 17th August!

I just booked a driving holiday across the states for 2 weeks.

We are Hiring a Ford Shelby 5.4L V8 but I did notice you can hire a 350z...

Should be great fun....

Hey Kenny,

I'm doing the same! Can't do two weeks or more due to my mate I'm going with but doing about 10 days. My plan is starting off with the Mustang convertible, then changing to a Corvette Convertible for a couple of days with the Shelby for a few days! :yahoo:

Think we will be doing LA, San Diego, Vegas and San Fran etc. With some fun and sights in between! :thumbs:

Anyway all booked so fly over on the 17th August!

Ahh cool.

I did a spontanous trip to Vegas last year. We did a round trip of Vegas, Anaheim, Sandiego and LA. Was in a VERY cheap rental car so this time should be great.

Jacko

The drive from LA to San Fran is spectacular along PCH with some great places to stop (cocktails & apps at Dukes in Malibu was a regular fave). I've done it a few times but to do it properly you'll need a couple of days for sure. After Hearst Castle the road gets better and better, especially around Big Sur but don't expect to be going fast. I once did LA to San Fran in 14hours! One side of my face/neck was burnt :blush: I looked a right tit when I got there. :lol:

The trip to San Diego from LA is less exciting (though Laguna Beach is a nice 'arty' town with a good Mexican restaurant on the hillside). San Diego old town is worth seeing as is the waterfront area.

You flying or driving to Vegas? The drive is boring as hell from LA (expect 3hrs) but coming over the hill and down in to Vegas is a "turn the music up moment" ('Higher' by Creed is a fave, as is 'Dirty Vegas' by INXS)!

Enjoy it. If you pass through Manhattan and Hermosa Beach (just south of LAX) you'll be driving thru my old nieghbourhood :thumbs: