Invidia HFC's

Daryl

Well my Invidia HFS'c arrived today from Chris at Tarmac Sportz, and have to say im really impressed with them. Working as an inspector, im a tad fussy, and these really are great bits of kit. Well worth the small amount extra over the Berks i think. Looking forward to getting them fitted on Saturday with a Stillen Y pipe. Will post up a review when iv got it all done.

One small note, is that the Berks come with every gasket and bolt, and the Invidia's only come with 2 gaskets and bolts for one end of each pipe. Not a big deal, just thought it was worth mentioning. Cant wait till saturday to get it all fitted now, car currently sounds like a bag of spanners

I got the Y pipe end chap, as there are only 2 holes in the gaskets. Yes they are a little more than the Berks, but the quality I think is alot better, so well worth it. Iv got bolts, just need to see if i can get the gaskets from Euro Spares or something

I wonder why they don't provide all the replacements. Is there long adapters for the O2 sensors on the Invidias too? I've seen quite a few decats etc that only have little spacers that I'm sure will throw up the lights.

I got the Y pipe end chap, as there are only 2 holes in the gaskets. Yes they are a little more than the Berks, but the quality I think is alot better, so well worth it. Iv got bolts, just need to see if i can get the gaskets from Euro Spares or something

PM Clarke Motorsport

Well, it all went rather well yesterday, as these things have a habbit of taking ages when bolts snap etc. Everything lined up perfectly, the only small issue was that the bolts supplied for the Y pipe were not long enough, so had to find some different ones. Mechanic was a little worries as the Y pipe had no flexi's on, so was a risk of something not lining up, but even the nuts and bolts came off easily, (one on each cat snapped) but the manifold bolts were fine as were the lambda sensors, and I didnt even need the gaskets that i spent £38 on, so they can be returned! Exhaust note sounds a little deeper now, and clearer too. There is no raspyness to them either, but there is a gorgous hiss that appears around 4k, (may not be everyones cup of tea) that makes the car sound turbo'd, (its really addictive) Be interesting to see if it remains after a few more miles.

Over all experience and oppinion is great, and very happy with them

All fitted up

null_zpsb09012f1.jpg

Will be needing a new W brace at some point.

null_zps0ccfb039.jpg

This isnt new, i knew about this a few weeks back. I stadled a kerb in a car park late one night, and it was hooning it down and there was no lights on that area of the car park.

Forgot to mention that there is no need for the bracket that supports the cats, it bolts up where the O2 sensors plug in. Guessing this is pretty standard. Had not check lights or anything come on either which is good news. Never know with things like this when you start moving and replacing other bits.