What TV to buy...

Grundy

Bose have some lovely home cinema systems!

Go wash your mouth out! Don't fall for the marketing.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the Sonos sound bars however they are never going to replace a full fat setup.

I may have to resort to one though as SWMBO wouldn't allow said full fat version.

I totally agree though that any inbuilt speakers these days aren't going to be up to the job as people want thin frameless TV's and there's just no room for them.

Still wouldn't buy a 3D TV just an overpriced gimmick to me...

I agree, I wouldn't buy a TV for 3D, but if the right TV just happened to have 3D (which most do now) then I wouldn't discount it.

Same. God TV Hunting is hard. lol, Think I'm just more curious as to why people say don't go Plasma, get LED etc.

Still wouldn't buy a 3D TV just an overpriced gimmick to me...

I agree, I wouldn't buy a TV for 3D, but if the right TV just happened to have 3D (which most do now) then I wouldn't discount it.

Yeah true most are 3D now, my Samsung is almost 2 years old, back then I paid. £899 for a 47" LED, the EXACT same model with 3D was £1,699 :wacko:

Sent from the golf club...

What Dan said... Go and look at some and stay well clear of Curry's (When you actually buy one) as there are loads of deals to be had online.

Toshiba's and Samsung's are the way forward. I've always been a bit of a Sony whore, but they aren't as good as Tosh / Sammy at the moment and are certainly more expensive in a lot of cases.

If you're a Costco member, then one of these would do the job:

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.1,cos_1.1.1/156939

What Dan said... Go and look at some and stay well clear of Curry's (When you actually buy one) as there are loads of deals to be had online.

Toshiba's and Samsung's are the way forward. I've always been a bit of a Sony whore, but they aren't as good as Tosh / Sammy at the moment and are certainly more expensive in a lot of cases.

If you're a Costco member, then one of these would do the job:

http://www.costco.co...os_1.1.1/156939

I quite like that one you've found...Really wanted one this weekend lol! I'll have a think about it.

I love Costco :cloud9: They had the Sammy 75" LED in there the other week, was sooooooo tempted but the missus would've killed me!

:lol: I spent about 15 mins drooling at that too... It would literally take up our living room wall. This on the other hand I need in my life:

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.1,cos_1.1.1/142976

Absolutely ridiculous!

I love Costco :cloud9: They had the Sammy 75" LED in there the other week, was sooooooo tempted but the missus would've killed me!

:lol: I spent about 15 mins drooling at that too... It would literally take up our living room wall. This on the other hand I need in my life:

http://www.costco.co...os_1.1.1/142976

Absolutely ridiculous!

Haha, Wonder how many they've sold! Heart breaking when you see Ex and Inc VAT - £100k VAT! Ouch

And only 2 HDMI's????

Edited by grundy225

Costco is a good shout as you can get some good prices and they used to from time to time throw in the 5 year warranty too.

Only downside is you have to pay cash or debit card and for a high value purchase I like to use the old credit card for the extra bit of protection if it does go south.