Keyfob - usa

GIXXERUK

I only had one keyfob with the car so I'm looking to find the cheapest option to get a spare ( I have tried zmanalex)

I saw this at Z1 http://www.z1motorsports.com/g37_370z/product_info.php?products_id=5379I

I have emailed them asking if it would work ok on a uk car ( I'm concerned about it using the same frequency as ours), the reply was"There shouldn’t be an issue with running the US fob. However I’m not 100% due to not having a UK car here in the states"

So ... does anyone know if this would work ?

Nissan want £272 for the fob, approx £80 to programme, £15 for a key and then it needs to be cut :surrender:

Cheers

Paul

Edited by GIXXERUK

I knew about the jdm and uk using different frequencies on the 350 but was unsure on the Usa, thats why I was concerned, I can't see it working :headhurt:

I could ask Nissan :lol:

I have tried a few breakers but they want to sell the keyfob with the ecu etc

I have never lost a key but .....

Edited by GIXXERUK

Sorry for late reply but just back from London. They key for 370z and Juke are obviously under different part numbers due to different shells on the keys ) newer z key has a 'Z' on it). The frequency is the same and should be find according to my Nissan supplier. So go for that key mate. If the worst happens and It won't code I would buy the fob as a 3rd key. Let me know how you het on

Sorry for late reply but just back from London. They key for 370z and Juke are obviously under different part numbers due to different shells on the keys ) newer z key has a 'Z' on it). The frequency is the same and should be find according to my Nissan supplier. So go for that key mate. If the worst happens and It won't code I would buy the fob as a 3rd key. Let me know how you het on

I have bought a new 370z keyfob with a blank key now, Lee have you had your's coded and if so did you use nissan or an auto locksmith ?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this for fiuture reference for anyone, I bought a brand new Keyfob off eBay with an uncut key £60 ( better than the £300 Nissan wanted) I have had it coded by Nissan for £45 inc vat

All works, just need to get the key cut, thanks for all the help