Hit a brick. Bugger

wizurd

Morning. Won't say a good one since on the way to work I've managed to hit a brick which in turn has knackered my front left tyre. Waiting on rac since I've got cover and I'm not sure if there's any other damage.

Basically i was thinking I'll need a new front left tyre but also need to get the wheel looked at. Doesn't look like the wheel is out of shape or anything but I guess I won't know till I get the tyre off the rim.

Worst case if the wheels done for I'll need to find 1 lmgt4. What do you think the chances of that are? Secondly if it's just the tyre I'm assuming I'll need to change both fronts otherwise I'll have different levels of ware on the front.

Cars not making any other noises or bangs and I got off the road as quick as I could so hoping no other damage.

Any other suggestions welcomed. :)

One other thing as well. The spate wheel. I was under the impression that even though I'm running 19 inch wheels the difference in tyre size should mean I'll be ok to use the standard spare wheel front or back. I gotta say it looks slightly larger in total size compared to the fronts???

Did you S hit a brick when you hit the brick? :lol: I think that the alloy should be fine as the tyre will have absorbed most of the shock, but as you say, the only way to know for sure is to take the tyre off unfortunately. Where abouts on the tyre is it knackered? If it's right on the edge you may be unlucky, but in most of the tread are you'll be ok I'd think.

ive been running my spare wheel (nissan space saver) for the last few days cos i bent my rota wheel (common occurance). i run 18 inch rota gtr-ds and i wont say the spare wheel is great but is does get you about - fuel economy has never been so good!!!

literally about to leave to get 2 toyo t1 sports on the front

I hit a big pot hole in my 123d last week and the result was a ding out of my mint unmarked alloy, but the tyre itself seems fine. :( Not sure if to bother taking it up with the council or not, as i cant be doing with the hassle of taking the car somewhere to have them do it.

Cheers for the replies. Cheers as well Alex. I've got home ok on the spare now.

Saw what I hit on the way back home. Basically looks like a metal wheel chock! Hit that around 30 to 35 mph. Damage wise there's an inch long slice on the side of the tyre and a small 1 cm cut out of the inside rim of the wheel. Will put up a pic see what you think.

Personally I think the wheel is fine no other dents or flat spots. Obviously tyre is gone so can get a new one of them. But welcome other people's advice once I've got the pic up.

With the tyre they've covered about 1k miles I think. I'll have to measure the depth but I am wondering if I can get away with one new mpss on the front left. If that's gonna be dangerous then ill just get two new fronts instead. Again advice welcomed.

Will post the pic up now. And yes I did s hit a brick when I heard the bang. Lucky I guess it didn't hit anything else under the car or the rear as that might have span me out.

Was hoping that. It doesn't look much on the rim. Thought best to check though. Tyre took most of it.

Got my old fiesta back up and running with 4 new tyres so an drive her around and let the zed have a rest for a bit.

Thats nae bother! Alloy will survive for sure :)

I would have thought so too as long as it's not buckled but a tyre centre can tell you that as soon as they put it on a balancing machine I believe. Tyre's fooked though. Bad luck wizurd but glad there was no damage to yourself or more importantly the Zed (or should that be the other way around?!). :D;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update. Got the new front left tyre from camskill for about £211. Took the car to my usual place and all fitted for a tenner. Nothing wrong with the alloy by the looks. Some rubber inside the wheel when he took it off from me running a tiny distance on it as it went down. Didn't even need any weights so all good. Could have been so much worse! :)

Just a little update. Got the new front left tyre from camskill for about £211. Took the car to my usual place and all fitted for a tenner. Nothing wrong with the alloy by the looks. Some rubber inside the wheel when he took it off from me running a tiny distance on it as it went down. Didn't even need any weights so all good. Could have been so much worse! :)

Awesome news :thumbs:

Call that a ding :p

My NSF ray has a chunk like a 10p missing out of the rim after a very near miss with a stone sticking out of a country wall.

Since then its never lost pressure or had balancing problems, and its been through two tyre changes since.

I think you can be confident you won't have a problem.

And visually mine looks horrid compared to yours. Oh, hang on, that's not something to brag about is it :blush:

Wowwwwww. Just caught up with this, gutted for you mate, but glad you got it fixed ok and no major damage. Now you take care of her!!!!! Lol

Lol trying mate. I was gutted at the time. Got off very lightly considering. Just 1 tyre. As for looking after her going to abbey soon for service plus some. Fun extras and an uprev. She's still running absolutely spotlessly, thanks to your ownership.

Wowwwwww. Just caught up with this, gutted for you mate, but glad you got it fixed ok and no major damage. Now you take care of her!!!!! Lol

Lol trying mate. I was gutted at the time. Got off very lightly considering. Just 1 tyre. As for looking after her going to abbey soon for service plus some. Fun extras and an uprev. She's still running absolutely spotlessly, thanks to your ownership.

As I've said, just glad it went to a good home. You'll have to report back after Abbey and the uprev, it was one of the things I wanted to do.

Will do don't worry about that! At a wedding so shouldn't be talking cars but can't help it lol.

Decided on a colour scheme. Def gold with the spacer and then some engine bay bolts. Polishing the plenum and adding some tasteful carbon bits like cooling panels and already got the bonnet struts. Looking for Steel gold tuner nuts. And gonna get some carbon dipping done at the place that's been mentioned a lot lately on here that's near me. Going for something mad on the engine cover. Might as well have some fun. Cheers dude. Cracking 1 years worth of ownership.