Should i?

sinbad

As some of you may know i'm goin to be selling the zed shortly. I need to get on the housing market and free up some cash so that i can get my bike test done and get a motorbike.

however ive been hankering after a VX220 or an early S2 elise. Will these give me the thrills im looking for or are their others i should consider? I'm kinda thinking why not? I could buy one of these and have some spare cash left over to get my motorbike test done and possibly get a motorbike as well. If push comes to shove i could always sell the car 3-6 months down the line to free the cash up. The thing is i don't want to lose too much money in the process as it will all be helping towards a house. I was originally thinking of getting a half decent bike and a banger car for the daily chore, :headhurt: but i don't know what to do now.

Please talk some sense into me... :surrender:

Do have a price for the M/C course + test? And do you have a budget for the bike? You can get a fairly modern and decent crotch rocket for around £3k, or a nekkid bike for under £3k.

Ultimately, how much do you need for the house?

I would be tempted by the "sensible car" and bike option...not so much a "banger" (although you're probably just using the term loosely), as it's gotta be reliable and safe enough to get you through the @*!# weather.

How about a cheap 350z inport? ;)

I really really want to keep it, but at the same time i want to get my bike test out the way and get a motorbike before i forget everything ive learnt.

I'd only be keeping the Elise or whatever for a few months just for thrills. I feel like a need to try something alittle more hardcore.

I'd only be keeping the Elise or whatever for a few months just for thrills. I feel like a need to try something alittle more hardcore.

How about a Westfield? They come much more hardcore than that and a lot cheaper than an Elise.

Do have a price for the M/C course + test? And do you have a budget for the bike? You can get a fairly modern and decent crotch rocket for around £3k, or a nekkid bike for under £3k.

Ultimately, how much do you need for the house?

I would be tempted by the "sensible car" and bike option...not so much a "banger" (although you're probably just using the term loosely), as it's gotta be reliable and safe enough to get you through the @*!# weather.

Around £500 for direct access including test. And around 3k for a bike if i ended up getting another performance car. Otherwise i'll be spending 5k-6k on a bike, getting a banger and pocketing the rest.

How about a Westfield? They come much more hardcore than that and a lot cheaper than an Elise.

Possibly?

Will it give me weather protection, i will need to use it to go work and back which is a 60mile round motorway trip. :teeth:

Ive been in one of these before and it was a blast but i know nothing about them, what engine? easy to maintain? what about resale?

Possibly?

Will it give me weather protection, i will need to use it to go work and back which is a 60mile round motorway trip. :teeth:

Ive been in one of these before and it was a blast but i know nothing about them, what engine? easy to maintain? what about resale?

No weather protection whatsoever - engines range from old Ford X flows to Duratecs - reselling can be difficult due to limited market.

Well thats the thing, i'd only be keeping the car for 3-6 months and then it'll be near winter, so i guess something that will not have any weather protection would be pretty hard to sell at that time of year. At least my bike leathers would come in handy :teeth:

Trying to sell a 7 or Westfield in the winter is going to be mega difficult and the prices drop like a stone. Buying now will also be at a premium.

Try Seloc for a older Elise great car but the cheap ones are getting snapped up for hi-power upgrades so make sure if it is really cheap then there is nothing wrong with it.

VX220 are bags of fun mate, MUCH quicker than the Z (at least the turbo is, don't know about the others). I had an absolute blast driving this and couldn't believe how good it was.

Oh, and when you need a mortgage ;)

VX220 are bags of fun mate, MUCH quicker than the Z (at least the turbo is, don't know about the others). I had an absolute blast driving this and couldn't believe how good it was.

Are they hard to get in and out of?

Are they hard to get in and out of?

Mortgages or VX220's? lol

what is it with 350z and mortgage's! haha

no probs Andy!

i looked at the turbo model before i got the zed, its very tempting.

As you seem to have your heart set on the bike thing why don't you just concentrate on that for now - get something cheap but reliable for work, enjoy the bike for the rest of the summer then re-assess the situation at a later date. Are you on a waiting list for your test or do you have it booked in?

I've got a nice Hornet in stock Ruby ;)

Mmmmm, My mates got the 900, but if i where to get one it would have to be the 2007 model 600. Otherwise it'll be a 600 sports bike.

Don't worry, once im ready to buy, you'll be my first port of call!! :thumbs:

As you seem to have your heart set on the bike thing why don't you just concentrate on that for now - get something cheap but reliable for work, enjoy the bike for the rest of the summer then re-assess the situation at a later date. Are you on a waiting list for your test or do you have it booked in?

That would be the sensible option ;)

Your probably right though Nixy, but i'm hankering after something abit crazy at the moment.

Hopefully it'll die down and i'll come to my senses!

I've got a nice Hornet in stock Ruby ;)

Mmmmm, My mates got the 900, but if i where to get one it would have to be the 2007 model 600. Otherwise it'll be a 600 sports bike.

Don't worry, once im ready to buy, you'll be my first port of call!! :thumbs:

only done 400 miles from new with std and sports exhaust BARGAIN PRICE ;)

White too!!! :teeth:B)

The first ever Hornet i saw was in white, and it was that which made me pursuade my mate to get one.

The photo doesn't do it justice, they look much nicer in the flesh.

V.tempted but ive not sold the Zed yet! :teeth:

VX220 Turbo is one of the best drives on the planet, period. Regardless of budget. They are fantastic.

That is what would be in my garage if only I could fit in it :blush:

Powerlifting and sports cars don't mix :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

VX220 Turbo is one of the best drives on the planet, period. Regardless of budget. They are fantastic.

That is what would be in my garage if only I could fit in it :blush:

Powerlifting and sports cars don't mix :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Your probably right. Ive seen worlds strongest man on t.v., they pull trucks and tip minis but theres never any sports car??? lol :teeth::p

The VX might be a future buy for me then from what your saying.