Is it a easy swop to put a hr engine in a de ?

Briggsybriggs1

If you are planning on keeping the car then fit an HR if you can source a complete known unit including all ancillaries including throttle bodies and air filter housings, wiring looms, ECU, radiator and gearbox. etc.etc.etc.

You will also require a bespoke wiring loom which I believe Abbey have.

Alex. :)

Try chucking some Seafoam through the car. may help, may not, but my old Celica was on 140,000 miles using 1-2 ltrs /1000 miles for about 6 months. One treatment of Seafoam and im sure it stopped.

Probably just some gunk was sat somewhere meaning the piston rings couldn't seal properly.

Try chucking some Seafoam through the car. may help, may not, but my old Celica was on 140,000 miles using 1-2 ltrs /1000 miles for about 6 months. One treatment of Seafoam and im sure it stopped.

Probably just some gunk was sat somewhere meaning the piston rings couldn't seal properly.

I remember a post on this a while ago, cant remember if anyone tried it. I take it you do it when you've dropped the oil out?

The service is at national tyres using 5w30 fully synthetic Fuchs or castrol that's a good price

Thats not a good price, thats an impossible price - an oil filter trade is about £10, the oil itself is £30 ........ so no labour and definitely not checking anything else .......... :dry:

• Like 2

The service is at national tyres using 5w30 fully synthetic Fuchs or castrol that's a good price

Thats not a good price, thats an impossible price - an oil filter trade is about £10, the oil itself is £30 ........ so no labour and definitely not checking anything else .......... :dry:

Or perhaps they just charge labour and dont change owt?

Or perhaps they just charge labour and dont change owt?

Or they make a small loss on the oil change and make profit when they convince a paranoid owner that his 6 new tyres are 100% needed along with those new brake pads front and rear along with disks, fluid and the new flux capacitor you also really really need.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice Alex .Defo not doing that swop anymore the cost would be to higher when I could just get a newer car :-) . Just booked car in for a £42 service and will record the oil used over 1000miles just for peace off mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think they might have left a one off before the £42 making it £142 - 00, you cannot even do it yourself for £42 - 00 ... :scare: :scare:

Well the web site says so And iv pre payed . So will see plus filled in form on web site and got £10 off my next visit :-) and they might find stuff wrong when doing it or looking for work on it but that's all they will be doing looking

Let us know how it goes :thumbs:

Having been (possibly the only one) through the experience of fitting an HR engine and gearbox in a revup Z, I wouldn't recommend it.It's a very expensive way of getting an engine fixed. I could send you the list of parts required and the costs if you want.

Abbey Motorsport did the work, which I was very happy with. They installed a GTM twin turbo kit for me as well.

The wiring loom was a pain in the A*** to make. If you need any more info let me know.

Having been (possibly the only one) through the experience of fitting an HR engine and gearbox in a revup Z, I wouldn't recommend it.It's a very expensive way of getting an engine fixed. I could send you the list of parts required and the costs if you want.

Abbey Motorsport did the work, which I was very happy with. They installed a GTM twin turbo kit for me as well.

The wiring loom was a pain in the A*** to make. If you need any more info let me know.

Your car sounds like it would be fun to drive :-) and Thanks for that but am thinking the cost out ways what I would end up with in the end . Might save up for a newer one instead