Fault code P1124

orriss

Help please,

Two days ago I started my car (54 plate) and was greeted with the traction control lights and stability management light were illuminated whilst driving. These lights were on constantly until I turn off the engine then started it again. The following day the car took three attempts to start then engine management light was on along with the same two lights from day before. Used a diagnostic device and fault code p1124 came up. I know this is throttle control relay what I don't know is how to fix. Nissan have said I need a new relay board at 260 plus vat.... Help please.....

Orriss,

Your Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected that the throttle control motor relay is stuck ON.

Power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the ECM via the throttle control motor relay.

The throttle control motor relay ON/OFF is controlled by the ECM.

When the ignition switch is turned ON, the ECM sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is provided to the ECM.

When the ignition switch is turned OFF, the ECM sends an OFF signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is not provided to the ECM.

This will explain why you are going onto limp mode.

Just because the relay is stuck on does not necessarily mean that the relay is faulty.

Possible causes including the relay, could be dirty connections, faulty wiring, or even ECU or IPDM.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX