Help with fixing 2006 revup high oil consumption

Briggsybriggs1

Iv got a problem I'm one off the unlucky ones that has got the high oil consumption engine . Iv being checking the USA forums and most off them say new block or an engine rebuild or change Just wanted to no has anyone on here had this problem and fixed it ? or do I just sell it and pass the problem on

If it's any consolation to you (and it probably isn't) Nissan wouldn't have accepted this as an issue when the car was under warranty. They needed a consumption of at least 2 litres per 1,000 miles before they would recognise it as a problem. Having no visible leaks and no smoke is also normal for these 'oil burners'. The oil just disappears.

Zmanalex's comments are spot on. In addition to this, and to further what you've already posted, I was told by an 'insider' who knew a great deal about these cars that the problem can become more severe at any point, so bear this in mind when deciding what to do.

My personal recommendation, for what it's worth - sell up and get an MY07 or something.

Thanks everyone for your advice will take if all in. Think I might do the oil change with the better oil and run it for a bit to check what it's like and if it's not changed anything I will trade it back to evens halshaw were I got it from simples ! I was really after modding the car and it don't want to spend££££ and then it blow up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free